title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R12 -- Ripping strategy

R12 -- Ripping strategy

Not sure if this makes sense, but my ideal strategy would be different depending whether the CD in accurate rip or not.

If CD is in Accurate Rip then
    Phase 0: Burst Rip; If match then stop
    Phase 1: Secure rip; If match then stop
    Phase 2: Repeated secure rips (High security parameters, say stop after 3 secure passes in agreement, because there is a contradiction)

If CD not in accurate Rip:
    Repeated secure rips (Normal security parameters, say stop after 2 secure passes in agreement)

Bottom line: I think that the UI should allow two secure strategies, depending on whether the CD is in the AR database or not or possibly depending on AR count (for instance if AR < 3 do this else do that)

Thanks! -- Ham
    Last edited by HamLet; 03-02-2007 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Adding suggestion for AR counts

Administrator

Re: R12 -- Ripping strategy

Secure mode already does this, it will burst rip and compare with accuraterip.

Indeed. And I am happy to use it. But I would prefer to try first burst mode if in AR. I think that the current program logic is:

If Burst_mode then ...
    else
    if in AR then
    else
    fi
    fi

I suggest to change to

If in AR then ... else ... fi.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!!

So you are suggesting it first check AR before ripping the track, and if the track is found in AR, burst rip and compare?

dBpoweramp Guru

One thing that is also being ignored is the areas of the first and last track NOT covered by AccurateRip. I would like to see an option to ALWAYS use Ultra-Secure on these sectors.