title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DirectShow Decoder (rm, ac3)

Re: DirectShow Decoder (rm, ac3)

No, dMC cannot encode to ac3. If you can find a program that will encode to ac3 and has command-line switches to allow you to specify the options, output file, input file, etc. then yes, you can have dMC interface with that file.

Quote Originally Posted by farmershaw
    Here is the exact message I get.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Program Files\Audible\Programs\Downloads\HalftimeGamePlan_ acelp85_farmershaw.aa' to 'C:\Program Files\Audible\Programs\Downloads\HalftimeGamePlan_ acelp85_farmershaw.mp3'
    DirectShow filter for '.aa' file types is not installed, or audio file is corrupt. [clDecoder::Open]
    I have almost exactly the same problem (i.e the above message going from RA to MP3 using Lame. The RA file plays fine on RealPlayer 8, not in WMP. I have DBA12.2 + Helix Codec and the config screen shows

Encoders (write)

mp3 (Helix)
    .mp3
    mp3 (Lame) Lame 3.97
    .mp3
    Real Audio (Helix) Release 5 - using Helix SDK v11 22/1/2007
    .ra
    Test Conversion
    Wave Release 12.2
    .wav

Decoders (read)

CD Decoder Release 12.2
    .cda
    DirectShow Decoder
    .ra
    mp3 Decoder Release 12.2
    .m2a, .mp1, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpga, .mpx
    Wave Decoder Release 12.2
    .wav

Install on Demand

Monkeys Audio .ape
    FLAC .flac
    Apple Lossless .m4a
    m4a Nero (AAC) .mp4
    Musepack .mpc
    Ogg Vorbis .ogg
    Windows Media Audio 10 .wma
    WavPack .wv
    AAC (Advanced Audio Compression) (read only) .aac
    Midi (read only) .mid
    Shorten (read only) .shn :cry:

Can you give us details (bitrate etc.) of the ra file you are trying to convert to mp3.

Have you tried converting the ra file to wav or perform a test conversion?

Wayne

If the file will not play in WMP, then either the RealMedia Splitter is not installed (installs with Real Alternative) or the file is not compatible with the RealMedia Splitter.

Thanks LTData, you got it in one. Now sorted

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    If the file will not play in WMP, then either the RealMedia Splitter is not installed (installs with Real Alternative) or the file is not compatible with the RealMedia Splitter.
    When you install Real Alternative (I used v. 1.5.2.0) it says in the setup information text before it installs any files:

RealMedia DirectShow splitter [version 1.0.1.1]
    Allows you to play RealMedia files in all DirectShow enabled players. Without this filter RealMedia files can only be played in Media Player Classic. This filter only works with files that are on your harddrive. It does NOT work with streaming content. Therefore it is highly recommended to use Media Player Classic, because MPC does support streaming content.

Limitations:

RealMedia .smi and .smil files are not fully supported. Only the first part of a clip will be played. Luckily these two file formats are not used very often.

The RealMedia DirectShow splitter doesn't work with streaming content. So you can't play streaming RealMedia in for example Windows Media Player. However, Media Player Classic fully supports streaming RealMedia.
    So it ought to work with streams that are actually on your hard drive, but not those which are streamed over the net. I was able to play streaming content with the Classic player the program installed, but not in WMP 11. This would seem to be in accordance with what Real Alternative promises.

This is a huge bummer for me. I know there are other programs out there to capture and convert Real streams but I was liking this one. If I'm wrong please tell me, I'll thank you.

Administrator

Now Released.