title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: SATA Drive

SATA Drive

I have some Newbie questions:

1. I have a Plextor PX-755 SATA DVD drive. This can only be configured with Windows internal communication. Ripper alerts me that this has limited functionality. Is this a function of the SATA interface or some set-up in BIOS or Config? What am I really giving up? Ripper requires that I press retry every time I load a CD - very tedious!
    2. I have been workingw ith just two CDs to get familiar with Ripper. The first is recognized and used to parameterize the drive. It rips with Accurate Confidence 9-11 Pass 1. The second rips with Inaccurate Secure Confidence 1 Pass 1 & 2. Should I be concerned or does this really only tell me that CD 2 is a world music compilation that other AccurateRip database contributors have not ripped before?
    3. It seems that the multi-processor encoding support is only found in Converted not Ripper application. That makes sense as multi-encoding during ripping woudl further extend the ripping time, but I just want to check. I find the dB suite confusing with distinct applications and interfaces to manage music files.

Thank youf or your help.
    Peter

Objective:
    Music archive of WMA Lossless files for 5,000 CDs
    Portable library of MP3 320kbps for iPod and car

Configuration:
    Intel D975XBX2
    Intel Q6600
    Corsair 2GB
    RAID 0 4xBarracuda 750GB
    Boot on Raptor 150GB
    Zalman HT160XT
    Vista Ultimate 32
    dBPowerAmp R12 Referrence
    Helium Music Manager 2007

Re: SATA Drive

1. Are you running as Admin? I believe that limited is the only communication set available to non-admin users.
    2. A confidence of 1 means either your rip or the other persons rip could be correct.
    3. Multi-processor is supported in the CD ripper, but differently than it is in the converter. In the ripper, the first track is ripped, then CPU0 encodes track 1 while CPU1 rips then encodes track 2 while CPU0 rips track 3, etc.

Thanks for the quick response.
    1. I am running as Admin. Selecting SPT spins up the drive, Ripper goes into 'deep thought' mode for quite a while, then comes back with "Retry". This true on multiple discs.
    2. Understood. Not really a technical assessment of Accuracy but a confirmation of results.
    3. Understood. I had seen this in action, though encoding is far faster than ripping.

4. Is there any way to avoid pressing Retry every time I insert a CD?
    5. Can you change the Codec update to point to Release 2 of WMA?

Everything is good so far!
    Peter

The codec update only informs you of new final releases of codecs, I believe. Recommending to everybody to use beta codecs is not a good idea.

Administrator

>4. Is there any way to avoid pressing Retry every time I insert a CD?

Enable cd drive autoplay and uncheck the option in CD Ripper options to stop the autoplay.