title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizwell
    • Feb 2007

Album Art

AMG is remarkably good at finding album art, and it's worth the subscription. But occasionally it gets it wrong or draws a blank -and at those times it would be nice if you could drag-and-drop a JPG image of your own devising onto the album art placeholder at the bottom-middle of dMC's main screen and have that image incorporated into the tracks as it would have been if AMG had got it right.

At the moment, I seem to have to rip without an image (or a wrong image), get Windows Media Player 11 to catalog the new rip and then drag-and-drop my album cover there.
  • dbPowerBOY
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2006

Re: Album Art

With regards to album art, I have also been persistently going on about another album art feature of the new r12 within the right clikc of 'edit tag'.

Although the drag and drop function I like and support as that would be a great idea - got my support

Comment

• HamLet
      • Mar 2007

Yes!! But no real need to drag-and-drop -- enough to have a standard open file box that one can use to copy whatever file one wishes. Thanks, -- Ham

Comment

• dbPowerBOY
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HamLet
        Yes!! But no real need to drag-and-drop -- enough to have a standard open file box that one can use to copy whatever file one wishes. Thanks, -- Ham
        My firend drag and drop can be supported as well within the 'edit tag' right click as a second option rather than open box. The drag and drop option would be nice to see as the same as what can be done within windows media player 11

Comment

• Teknojnky
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2006

I would also like to be able to select a group of files, view their tags/properties (right click -> properties -> audio properties/id-tag), and be able to add/drag-drop art to add the art to any file which supports embedded or linked art.

(add embedded art in flac 1.1.4 in my particular case)

Comment

• dbPowerBOY
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Teknojnky
            I would also like to be able to select a group of files, view their tags/properties (right click -> properties -> audio properties/id-tag), and be able to add/drag-drop art to add the art to any file which supports embedded or linked art.

(add embedded art in flac 1.1.4 in my particular case)
            me too, got my vote

Comment

• toolburn
              • Dec 2005

This script adds the ability to right-click a folder in Windows Explorer and add ReplayGain and Album Art.

This is a Windows Explorer shell-integrated method for adding Replay Gain (and album art) to a folder of FLAC files. An option for "Add Replay Gain" will be available when right-clicking folders in Windows Explorer. Selecting this option will add Replay Gain and if available, album art, to the FLAC files in the folder

If you're comfortable with scripting, you can adapt this to support FLAC 1.1.4 and only add the album art (expects a folder.jpg file in the folder).

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

One way to get album art into a CD that you rip:
                Manually find the album art, name it "folder.jpg" and place it in the folder that will eventually hold the ripped files.
                Click on the DSP tab in the CD Ripper, and add the "ID Tag Processing" DSP (download here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12210)
                Click the third tab, and click "import album art from folder.jpg"
                Click OK, then rip your CD. dMC will add the album art to your files from the folder.jpg file.

I realize this is a cumbersome way to do it, but it is a somewhat-easy way to add album art to CDs that do not have album art, or have the wrong album art.

Comment

• dbPowerBOY
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                  One way to get album art into a CD that you rip:
                  Manually find the album art, name it "folder.jpg" and place it in the folder that will eventually hold the ripped files.
                  Click on the DSP tab in the CD Ripper, and add the "ID Tag Processing" DSP (download here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12210)
                  Click the third tab, and click "import album art from folder.jpg"
                  Click OK, then rip your CD. dMC will add the album art to your files from the folder.jpg file.

I realize this is a cumbersome way to do it, but it is a somewhat-easy way to add album art to CDs that do not have album art, or have the wrong album art.
                  Yes, but what about tunes that a user (like me) has already ripped with older versions of dbpoweramp and other programs AND would like to add art to multiple files at once just like regular tags to normal audio files within db, from the right clikc (shell). I know the mods here must be getting frustrated with my persistent 'wishful thinking'

Comment

• Teknojnky
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2006

Renaming all my art which is intentionally NOT named 'folder.jpg' or 'albumart.jpg' would in no way be considered 'easy'.

Comment

• dbPowerBOY
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Sep 2006

another thing if/when implementing multiple album art tagging:-

Is to still be able to do it for different audio files at the same time, for example.

a wma file ripped from the same CD as an mp3 file in one folder - should be able to highlight both>>right clikc ti show contect menu>>edit tag>>multiple files>>>add new album art (even while still the program knowing that the two files are different)

--this is just another good suggestion,

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

dbPowerBOY: You are persistent, I will admit that :D Anyway, I believe the writing of the album art would be handed off to the codec, but it would be something for Spoon to consider when he does this. Good call.

Comment

• dbPowerBOY
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                          dbPowerBOY: You are persistent, I will admit that :D Anyway, I believe the writing of the album art would be handed off to the codec, but it would be something for Spoon to consider when he does this. Good call.
                          Thanks Lt

Comment

Working...

]]>