title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GetPopUpInfo question

Unregistered

Angry Re: GetPopUpInfo question

yeah how?

Re: GetPopUpInfo question

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I also have getpopupinfo.exe crashing on .mid files, but I've only really noticed it during the windows 'open' wizard.
    The file that kept triggering getpopinfo.exe for me was an mpg clip that was messed up. (i.e The actual length was 30 sec long, but it was showing as being 2.56 long.) While I was using Main Concept's encoder to fix the file, Process Guard (a resident proggie that keeps track of every exe that tries to run that hasn't been programmed into Process Guard's list) kept telling me about this unknown program, getpopupinfo.exe, that wanted to run. Since I wasn't sure why I was getting the message, (since getpopuinfo.exe had nothing to do with the Main Concept program) I told Process Guard to not let it run, but on an individual, temporary basis. Eventually, it became so annoying, I just instructed P.G. to block it permanently. I thought it was some sort of bug/virus related to something in that particular video clip. Glad I found this forum to at least know it was not a virus. (NOTE: I just checked the Process Guard log, and PG blocked getpopupinfo.exe 50 times over the course of one hour! Also, I would like to add that after unchecking the "Popup Into Tips In Explorer" option the problem ceased. I checked and unchecked it a couple of times just to make sure, and that was what was causing the problem and/or was the solution to the problem. )
    Last edited by HateToRegister; 04-08-2005 at 08:26 AM.

Where do I find this config utility exactly? (I've deleted the startup program list)
    If it's hard do find it, could anyone attach the shortcut? Thanks.

Make a shortcut to MusicConverter. Right-click on the shortcut and go to properties. Go to the second tab. Make sure the path to it is enclosed in quotes. Then, after the end quote, add <config> with the brackets and a space before it.

I just had this same problem with a particular mp3. The configuration change solved the problem. If you'd like the mp3 to analyze I'll send it.

If you haven't solved this in the current release, perhaps this feature should be off by default.

Cheers!
    junkanoo

dBpoweramp Guru

Oi, guys, this thread should be moved to the Suggestions section.

Personally, I think in Release 12, there should be a section in the Help File that says, "If you have problems burning CDs with other applications after you've installed dBpowerAMP Music Converter, try disabling ______ in the Preferences".....

GetPopUpInfo bogs down Windows 7 too

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I get the same for files that are on a Ram disc. What disc are your files on?
    Six years later. The good news is I still love dbPowerAmp. The bad news is that this issue is still a problem with newer operating system versions.

This CPU-grabbing issue has not gotten any better under Windows 7 64-bit. It happens as soon as I open any Explorer window containing any audio files (any valid audio filetype).

I have tried various utilities that force user-specified OS priority levels for this program. No setting from Low (Idle) to High results in any improvement.

Is there any way at all to moderate GetPopup's behavior? It's a shame having to disable it and lose all its functionality.

Administrator

Re: GetPopUpInfo bogs down Windows 7 too

Does Getpopup stay CPU grabbing once the metadata is displayed for the windows explorer?