title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GetPopUpInfo question

GetPopUpInfo question

I'm curious, what does the "GetpopUpInfo" .exe file do ? (it's inside the C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP folder).

At times it seems to attach itself to memory so that my CPU is 100% active. I can shut it down by using the Task Manager in Windows 2000, but I can't seem to figure out what starts it running, and why it's there . Thanks

TrinitySoftware
    Hi June,

It's for the pop-up info (soundfile properties,tags, etc..) that you
    get in Windows Explorer. It can be switched-off in the dMC
    configuration program (from the start menu). Just uncheck
    "Pop up info tips in explorer".

HTH,
    Daren.

ah Thanks ~!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    I didn't release that it was a separate process that started when needed and then immediately closes, that controlled the pop up tooltips. Now I know

yes...I'm not sure what activates it. Usually it started running when I was burning a cdrom with Nero. The problem was that it seemed to keep the cpu quite active, which produced errors in the cd burn.

Administrator
    Originally I handled the popup info from a dll, but the problem was if the getpopup info crashed (duff mp3, or wma files) it would crash windows explorer, now it will just crash getpopupinfo.exe, much better.

I see ! Well thanks for explaining it. I'm happy to know it's a "dbpoweramp" program and not something that someone planted on my computer. I unchecked it in my dbpower amp preferences, and things seem to be doing well now. Thank you

Unregistered

Question GetPopupInfo crashes

Thanks to that tip, I simply disabled the popup info, but a note to developers/debuggers/whomever-- whenever I moused over a .cda file, GetPopupInfo.exe would crash.

Unregistered

It really does NOT shut down!

Quote Originally Posted by June
    I'm curious, what does the "GetpopUpInfo" .exe file do ? (it's inside the C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP folder).

At times it seems to attach itself to memory so that my CPU is 100% active. I can shut it down by using the Task Manager in Windows 2000, but I can't seem to figure out what starts it running, and why it's there . Thanks

Yeah, I've had the same problem. My machine came to a virtual standstill, I mean stopped! The culprit was always GetPopUpInfo.exe, taking up 96-98% of my CPU. Sure it would appear to 'end process', and then re-spawn itself over and over no matter how many times you killed it. Some times it would take a little longer to re-spawn, with same results... all other apps dead... time for surgery

Unregistered
    Yes, this has happened to my machine as well. Glad I know what it is now!

Unregistered

Angry Re: GetPopUpInfo question

Yeah, got the same bug. Already thought it was a virus unless i searched for the always "hiding" GETPOPUPINFO.EXE in my task-manager AND finally got here. Had to reboot my machine several times yesterday-

Anyway, seems the problem only occurs to me since i installed the v10b. Hope you fix that soon

I've been using dbPowerAmp over 2y now and it became a really essential utility too me. Great WORX!

Administrator

Re: GetPopUpInfo question

What type of files is it freezing on?

Devenis

i had this happen with an incomplete mpg file i was downloading with bittorent. GetpopUpInfo.exe got stuck everytime it tried to get info from that file.

Unregistered

Same problem which occurs when i'm trying to read incomplete .mpg file (with BT too ^^).

each try launch a instance of getpopukiller.exe @ 98% proc ...

Administrator

You can configure dMC not to show popup info if it causes problems.