title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[BUG] v12 CLI gets confused by temp files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lump1
    • Aug 2006

[BUG] v12 CLI gets confused by temp files

OK, here is a bug that shouldn't be hard to squash: I was transcoding APE files (voice) with oggenc2.exe through the CLI plugin (version 2), using an absolutely minimal encoder.txt file and an actual command line ( -q 1 --resample 22050 -S 1 --downmix --advanced-encode-option lowpass_frequency=14.5 [infile] [outfile]).

I had maybe 50 files in a single folder that I needed to convert to OGG. Everything looked fine and I got no error messages, but I noticed that most of the resulting OGGs were size zero and had no data. I use 2 CPU encoding. The first two OGGs did have data, but not the data that corresponds to their filename. Instead, they each have data from a file that was being encoded later, and itself turned out to be a size "0" file.

I did not get this problem when I used Nero's AAC executable with the same bare-bones command line (though I used two-pass encoding, which might make a difference). I also didn't get this problem when I used the same oggenc2.exe with a custom encoder.txt file (posted here). This is because in the latter case, no temp file was created.

Since I prefer using the fancy encoder.txt anyway, this bug doesn't really get in my way, but I thought I should flag it.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: [BUG] v12 CLI gets confused by temp files

Try putting quotes around "[infile]" and "[outfile]" and see if that works.

Comment

Working...

]]>