title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Still confused on c2 reliability

Still confused on c2 reliability

I understand from reading the documentation on all the testing of r12 that c2 has certain limitations, but I'm still very unclear on one thing:

On discs without Accuraterip using a drive that has c2 support, if the rip proceeds without problem -- through its first rip and the Ultra Secure rip -- and you get the green checkmark, is there any reason to be concerned exactly how good your drive's c2 support is?

In other words, is the concern over c2's imperfections only a concern when a problem disc is encountered and the computer has to work harder -- a situation in which you're likely to get the green i instead?

Or put yet another way, is the green check mark while using a c2-enabled drive an all-clear sign?

Administrator

Re: Still confused on c2 reliability

> is there any reason to be concerned exactly how good your drive's c2 support is?

Not overly you have 2 checking going on, c2 is checked on both passes also each pass is compared with one another.