title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Release 12 Known Bugs and Fixes

Administrator

Release 12 Known Bugs and Fixes

Mp3 Lame Encoder: Forcing Frequency or Channels (on advanced) can crash CoreConverter

Affected: Release 12.0

Fixed in R12.1

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
    Last edited by LtData; 06-02-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Administrator

Re: Release 12 Known Bugs and Fixes

On Vista Explorer Columns are Missing

Vista does not allow columns from 3rd party applications, it has a new meta data interface, R13 does not do this in Vista either..
    Last edited by LtData; 06-14-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Administrator

On Vista if a file association has been manually changed, right click Convert To is missing, even after running dBpoweramp Configuration

Fixed In R12.1:

Administrator

Editing Id Tag can crash Windows Explorer

Fixed in R12.1:

Administrator

CD Ripper: Cannot Get Meta Data From AMG?

Assuming your AMG access has not expired (check using dBpoweramp Configuration) certain programs can intefere with the data traffic from AMG.

R12: Kaspersky: Go into Settings, Trusted Zone, Trusted Applications and then add. Browse to C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\CDGrab.exe (assuming normal install path) or select from "Applications list" and then select "Do not scan network traffic".
    Note: In the new version of Kaspersky, you must go into Settings --> Threats and Exclusions --> Trusted Zone --> Trusted Applications.

R13: Should not be effected by Kaspersky.

Edit: Also, check for Parental Control Software, as one user enabled this feature in BitDefender and lost access to AMG.
    Edit2: Also, try disabling the "Privacy Control" in BitDefender, as one user reported AMG access would only work with it off.

----------
    InOrganicMatter writes:

I had the same problem as the OP, and joined here for he purpose of solving it. It's all fixed, and I can now use AMG.

The problem is proxy servers. Specifically, proxy servers that alter headers. My proxy is the Squid Proxy Cache, which I use to cache internet pages. Proxies are also used to anonymize internet access, and I think some security programs use them (probably Kapersky and Norton from looking around).

The solution is to whitelist AMG's servers in the proxy software, which tells the proxy to just pass that data through, without caching it or altering it. This must be done on their range of IP address, which, in Squid-ready subnet notation, are:

166.90.203.0/24
    64.92.237.0/24

Or, in human-readable form:

166.90.203.1 thru 166.90.203.255
    64.92.237.1 thru 64.92.237.255

Yes, I'm sure that entire IP range from 1-255 isn't owned by AMG, but I didn't feel like searching and pecking each one, so I just unblocked the whole range. This got it working for me!

My proxy server, Squid, in combination with the Dansguardian content filter, is one of the proxies of choice for internet censoring by oppressive governments. I saw on Google that a lot of Australians were having the same problems as me. If the man is watching you, sorry, you probably can't get this to work unless there is a way to get that range of IP addresses unblocked. If you're like me, and run a proxy at home for internet privacy, this is the solution.
    Last edited by Spoon; 06-20-2008 at 04:37 PM.

CD Rpper: Why is my SATA CD/DVD optical drive not detected or not working properly?

Some SATA optical drives only work under the "Windows Interal" communication mode. To do this, click the Options button in the CD ripper and scroll down to the CD ROM section. Change "Communication" from "SCSI Pass Through (SPT)" to "Windows Internal".
    Note that this will disable C2, FUA cache clear, reading and setting drive speed and reading the drive technical information.
    Last edited by Spoon; 10-07-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Q: The dMC conversion window is minimized to the taskbar and won't restore itself.
    Q: The dMC conversion window disappears once I start converting and won't come back.
    Q: I minimized dMC and now it won't restore.

A: Fixed in r12.1, get it here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm. If you are using a registered version, see here for how to upgrade: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12483
    Last edited by LtData; 05-23-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Administrator

When using DSP effects the output contains static noise

Under certain circumstances with R12.1 (bit depth of 32 bits and high frequency, live DSP effects used with a non-live DSP effect, such as volume normalize) causes the output to have chunks of static noise every 1/4 of a second, repeating throughout the file.

This bug has been fixed in R12.2
    Last edited by Spoon; 10-07-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Administrator

When Running on a Limited Account

...no trials (AMG / Reference / Power Pack) are activated. Advanced COdec / Tagging options are not used.

When Windows elevates a program to administrator, such as dBpoweramp Configuration, when elevated it runs in an administrator user account, not the limited account. The The settings saved by configuration are saved in to the admin account.

Work around: Change the limited account to Administrator, run dBpoweramp Configuration, then change back.

Q: After I rip one CD with dMC, my CD drive quits working and I cannot access it in any other programs. I have to restart to get access back. Other programs can rip just fine.

A: Fixed in R13:

Last edited by LtData; 06-02-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Q: I get the error "Error running CoreConverter" whenever I try to convert any files. That is the entire error message.

A: If you are using the Kerio Personal Firewall, it can keep "musicconverter.exe" from running "coreconverter.exe". Adjust your firewall settings and try again.