title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp reference won't delete source files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 12bears
    • Feb 2007

dbpoweramp reference won't delete source files

Folks, a little help please.

Just installed dbp reference (trial version until I can find my old order details) and although I've downloaded the DSP file and unzipped it to the correct location the source files don't delete when it's converting.

I'm guessing I've installed everything to the right place because all the various DSP options appear in the drop-down menu and when I select 'delete source file' it shows in the window and asks me if I want to send to the recycle bin or delete completely but when I run it, it doesn't delete the old files so I end up with 2 of everything.

Everything else works great and the two processor support is excellent but with 9000= files to convert I need the delet function working :cry:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbpoweramp reference won't delete source files

Something might have the files left open (perhaps even the dbpoweramp codec) what are your converting from and to?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 12bears
      • Feb 2007

Hi Spoon.

I'm converting from Apple lossless to wma, so it's the m4a files that won't delete.

Seems weird as nothoing that was installed in Vista at the time would play these files (WMP11 doesn't like them) and I didn't have iTunes installed at the time.

I've now done all the conversion by doing it in batches and then using iTunes to locate the m4a files and delete them all in one chunk.

Would still like to know what the problem is though because it's a pain having to do it like that.

Comment

• 12bears
        • Feb 2007

Hi Spoon.

Just thought I'd add that the 'delete source file' worked fine in both XP and Vista on dbp version 11.5 and that the same fault (i.e. the files don't disappear) occurs with version 12.0 when installed in XP.

As I've different OS and have had various combinations of WMP, both with and without iTunes being installed, it definitely looks like it's an issue with dbpm 12.0 (or at least my installation of it).

Incidentally, as well as looking as if all is working OK, I also don't get any error messages once converting has completed.

Any suggestions gratefully received as it's rather spoiling an otherwise excellent product.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is being fixed with the next update of the m4a beta.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 12bears
            • Feb 2007

Thanks Spoon, you really are 'Da Man'

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002