title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC Decoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gc76
    • Feb 2007

AAC Decoder

Can I convert to MP3 from a file with the AAC extension? I have the beta AAC encoder, but is there a decoder as well? I'm trying to go from aac extension to something the iPod can play, either MP3 or MP4.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: AAC Decoder

There is work being done on a "mp4 to aac" codec that will convert between the two formats. For now, the beta AAC codec should decode the file as well.

Comment

• gc76
      • Feb 2007

It says "Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.aac', codec not installed? "

I saw the instructions for installing the encoder but didnt see anything on how to add an aac decoder.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Are you using dMC r12 or 11.5? Version numbers are in Start --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp Configuration.
        If you are using r12, try uninstalling your current mp4/aac codec and install the latest beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12005

Comment

• gc76
          • Feb 2007

I have R12 installed. Uninstalled/reinstalled beta codec. Still getting:

Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.aac', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

This is when right clicking and choosing "convert". If I start the converter up, it doesn't give the option to choose an aac file. I'm running windows server 2003 also.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I think Spoon said that AAC isn't in the m4a codec yet, it should be soon. Watch the thread to see when its updated.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Looks like I spoke too soon. An AAC decoder and encoder has been added today. See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15

Comment

Working...

]]>