title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't convert to .aiff

Can't convert to .aiff

I have many .wav files to convert to .aiff. It has worked before with dBpoweramp. Now it gives me a "The CODEC required to compress (file) could not be opened." I downloaded the .aiff codec from the dBpoweramp site and still the same problem.

Re: Can't convert to .aiff

Which version of dMC are you using v11.5 or v12? The current (legacy) aiff codec doesn't work with the latest version (v12) of dMC.

You will either have to install v11.5 or wait until Spoon brings out a new aiff codec for v12.

Wayne

How do I check my version?

Start --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp Configuration (or dMC Configuration).

It says dmc release 10.1 and .aiff release5 (25/7/2004).

You need to update your version to dMC r11.5 and then go to Legacy Codec Central and get the aiff codec.

I updated to r11.5 and tried the .aiff codec with the same error message.

You uninstalled your old version and codec, then installed the new version and the codec again, correct?

What does dMC say about your WAV files: bits, channels, frequency, compressed?

I uninstalled all the old stuff and reinstalled the new. The converter will convert some .wav's into .aiff but not others. The only difference between wave's is, the one which works has 2 channels, 16 bits and compression of 1 to 1, while the non-converting .wav has 11 channels, 24 bits and compression of 0.6 to 1.

11 channels? It sounds like the compressed WAVs are a type of WAV that dMC can't decode. Where did these WAV files come from? Can you do a "Test Conversion" and see if you get an error.

These wav's are part of a drum sampling program. I need to convert them to .aiff to load onto my electronic drum kit. How do I do a "test conversion"?

Basically, convert it like you have been to AIFF, but instead of converting them to AIFF, select "Test Conversion" as your codec. This just checks to see if dMC can properly read your file.

The test conversion works just fine. But I still can't get a conversion to .aiff from these .wav files.

Can you convert them to a different format?

Try to convert one of your 11-channel WAVs to a 2-channel WAV and then converting that to AIFF. Does this work?