title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: last songs on new discs will not rip

Re: last songs on new discs will not rip

Yes. I mentioned that I did.

Administrator

Ok, this is being looked into.

Any luck uncovering the source of my problem ripping last songs on disc securely?

Administrator

We are working on missing codecs / DSP effects, it will be a few weeks.

Been about three weeks. Any progress? What's the status of "codec" problem, or what have you? Eager to begin ripping cds again.
    thanks

Administrator

Will be a number of weeks yet (we have just finished DSPs and moving onto missing codecs).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes I get this on about 10% of discs. It's a real pain ... always the last track. I have to switch to exact audio copy to rip the last track. I have another CD rom drive will it make a difference on that or is this bug harware independent?

I am getting the same exact problem. It seems to only happen on discs that are longer than 1:10:00 in length and happens about 30% of the time. I have had to switch to another drive to remedy this problem...but that has only worked some of the time. Let's get this issue fixed.

My error message is saying the same thing as the posters above.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

if they fix this i will buy the product. it rips much faster than eac (at least in the form i ever managed to set it up) and the amg databae support is very good. also the accurate rip feature is great and much better intergrated into the product. fully working this product is the best on the market.

i think the non standard user interface is a mistake (no menus, config and help in start menu instead of inside the program). also i could do without the feature where if you click on track it starts playing. i am constantaly playing tracks when i try an edit the track title info. also if my drive report c2 errors i don't get why i can't set it to rip real fast and stop after one scan if no errors reported. only if it gets errors do i want the multiple passes that occur in ultra secure mode. i would consider cutting this product down to one or two rip modes only.

Now I need some good tag editing software and after trying many versions have come up with a new idea that i will offer to the world soon. currently changing the taglib library windows build for extended track info. it will rock.

Administrator

> also if my drive report c2 errors i don't get why i can't set it to rip real fast and stop after one scan if no errors reported. o

It will do this if you have no ultra passes on.

I am also waiting for this problem to be remedied before purchasing the product and was very excited about the whole program until this. Hopefully it wont be long now and few other problems will arise.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Oh sorry i re-read the article on ripping. So the ultramode exists in case the drive didn't notice any c2 errors even though there were some. it's an extra step plexTools and eac don't bother with. maybe i will disable that mode for new cds and only use it on older ones. you know adding a little "help on this feature" button next to the option that pops up some text would be friendly and cut down on forum traffic.

One other thing is strange to me. On the secure rip menu it looks like you can adjust the rip speed but in fact when you click in there its a drop down menu you can't type in with only one option "Maximum". eac and plexTools allow you to change the maximum speed... how come dbpowerAmp doesn't offer this? I searched the forums and couldn't find any comments on this. I though for a really bad disc I should turn this right down to 1 and leave overnight becuase i know it's going to be a nighmare.

Administrator

For Plextors (most) they will self adjust the speed down if there are errors, for other drives setting a slower speed can increase errors/

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

thanks for all your help. i loook forward to the last track fix and will be sure to buy and reccomend to everyone. well, maybe not my mother but definately my father.

ps: as well as track title editing being quite hard becuase you accidently play the track, i found my girlfiend had set the cd to auto eject and she was glued to the sceen to try and see if the last track was ok before the disc ejects. that's because when you eject all the track write info goes off the sceen. now why didn't she uncheck the auto eject option she had turned on before?... god only knows but thats people and computers. she was also confused about how serious an x or not in accurate db in the rip results was.

was talking to a guy at msft who told me they had a client call up because he had been reformatting and reinstalling every few weeks and was exhaused by it. what was wrong... his task bar kept moving round the screen or expanding and he couldn't get it back. now the taskbar is of course locked by default. it's taking all userfeedback and redesigning that made msft the worlds biggest software company. i am absolutely sure that if you get the look feel and useability of this product right you will be onto a pot of gold. to get really rich you have to convince the crowd that use media player or napster etc that your product is friendly enough for them to use as well as being better. (GUI design is my thing).
    Last edited by willyhoops; 03-14-2007 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    For Plextors (most) they will self adjust the speed down if there are errors, for other drives setting a slower speed can increase errors/
    I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying that setting a slower speed can increase the number of errors caught -- a good thing -- or that there will actually be more errors -- obviously a bad thing?