title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: m4a Codec Beta (AAC and Apple Lossless)

Re: m4a Codec Beta (AAC and Apple Lossless)

No...not running as administrator. I am running with adminitrator privleges.

To double-check:
    You installed dMC r12 Reference, then tries to install the m4a codec to the same directory as r12.

Did the installer crash or did Windows crash? Are you running any skinning software, such as WindowBlinds?

I installed dMC r12 Reference trial, it installs ok but the reg version crashes, (Like an incomplete install) but it seems to run...but if I add any codec not included in the original install, they act like they install, but there is no option for them in the program. But when installing the m4a codec it doesn't give me a chance to pick a directory, it crashes immediately on the double click. Then Windows crashes with a mem dump and I have to kill Dr. Watson in services to regain control.

I have no other programs running during install except antivirus and ZA (firewall). I'm tend to be a minimalist, so every service that isn't absolutely necessary is not running. Now, one thing I don't understand is the dMC-r11[1].5.exe works great and the m4a codec also works fine.

s

Try a total uninstall as described here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828
    Then follow the instructions here to get a new registered install of dMC r12.1: http://dbpoweramp.com/registration/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron F.
    I followed the directions and have the encoder neroAacEnc.exe in the correct location, but when I attempt to convert a file to AAC, I get the following error message, as an example:

Error converting to m4a Nero (AAC), 'C:\Music\Messiah - Linn Records Studio Master - 44.1 KHz 16 bit WAV\45 - Chorus Hallelujah.wav' to 'C:\Music\Messiah - Linn Records Studio Master - AAC\45 - Chorus Hallelujah.m4a'
    Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]
    I get that same error [using Vista32 now, previously XP Pro] if I try to specify "Force HE-AAC" or "Force HEv2" profiles (converting from any format). It works fine if I select "Force LC-AAC" or leave the default "(do not force)", but then it will only encode in LC-AAC and never in the newer HE or HEv2.

Am I missing something or is this just a bug that's still being worked out for later?

Otherwise, thanks for the great work on these codecs!
    Last edited by ChrisNYC75; 04-20-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Chris: what bitrate do you choose when you try to force HE? I believe HE only works for the lower (below 128kbps, I believe) bitrates.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Try a total uninstall as described here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828
    Then follow the instructions here to get a new registered install of dMC r12.1: http://dbpoweramp.com/registration/

That did it...all is well. m4a encoding to lame extreme working as well. Thanks!

shpshftr

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Chris: what bitrate do you choose when you try to force HE? I believe HE only works for the lower (below 128kbps, I believe) bitrates.
    Actually, I just installed the new neroAACenc.exe update & now it's working for all 3 profiles. The bitrate looks like it's automatically controlled when using the HE profiles (the bitrate target selection doesn't seem to affect the output?) & are indeed on the lower end. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but I know it is possible to encode in HE-AAC or HEv2 at high bitrates (Winamp encodes M4A/AAC-HEv2 up to 256kbps) -- IMO, that's what makes AAC the best compromise between size, quality, & compatibility.

Thanks for the help! :smile:
    Last edited by ChrisNYC75; 04-21-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Administrator

<now released>

NB Album Art + bug fix for Apple Lossless ad Sonos will appear in next beta.