title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CLI Encoder How To?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cub4life78
    • Feb 2007

CLI Encoder How To?

I'd like to use the CLI encoder option when encoding to mp3 so I can use specific switches for lame but I keep getting error message after another. Is there a decent How to on using this option other than what is posted on the download section? Please advise because if I cannot get this working this software is useless to me. Thanks in advance!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: CLI Encoder How To?

What error messages are you getting?

There should have been a help file installed along with the CLI codec. Check the Help folder in the "dBPowerAMP Music Converter" start menu folder.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

Also can you give us some idea of what configuration options you set in the CLI encoder?

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

These two threads are somewhat related:

I would like a full refund on my purchase. Support is weak at best and I hardly consider a message board a decent arena to receive "support". My order # is <removed> I can provide further information via PM to the appropriate person. Thanks
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jamesbaud
          • Jul 2006

Actually, this post is related to my still unanswered one from 1/31/07

I'm a registered user of dmc 11.5. I'm considering upgrading to dmc 12 PowerPack, but I have a problem with using CLI and LAME.exe. I had no troubles using the CLI with 11.5. This is the command line I used: [inFile] [outFile] -V 7 --vbr-new --strictly-enforce-ISO For dmc 12, I read the CLI encoder help file and the

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I answered that lame could not handle floating point data, so do not use the high quality decode switch.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Agharta
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
              I answered that lame could not handle floating point data, so do not use the high quality decode switch.
              Is it possible to imbed the folder.jpg into each converted file when using the command line encoder, and LAME.EXE?

If so, what is an ideal image size for album art when using an iPod? is 150 X 150 pixels enough? I think the screen resolution is 320 X 240.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

With an iPod, I think 150x150 is plenty, as it scales the image down anyway.

Comment

• Agharta
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                  With an iPod, I think 150x150 is plenty, as it scales the image down anyway.
                  Thanks, so is there a way to convert from FLAC to LAME MP3, but then embed folder.jpg into each of the MP3s, so they show on an iPod?

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Currently the FLAC codec for dMC doesn't support album art. You can right click and "Edit Tag" on these mp3 files and add the album art in. However, apparently you have to add album art one music file at a time with dMC.

Comment

• jamesbaud
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                      [Bringing this thread back on topic]

OK, I unchecked the box "Highest Quality Decoded Source" and tried again, but again it gave no errors but wrote a 0K file.

I unchecked all boxes "Highest Quality Decoded Source," "Pass Wave Header," and "db Write ID Tags", but again it gave no errors and wrote a 0K file.

Does anyone have any idea how to use the CLI with LAME.exe?

Comment

• Deano
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jan 2006

What commandline are you using for the CLI codec?

Comment

• jamesbaud
                          • Jul 2006

Here's the command line I used for dmc r12:
                          -V 7 --vbr-new --strictly-enforce-ISO [infile] [outfile]

See my original post for everything I've tried:

I'm a registered user of dmc 11.5. I'm considering upgrading to dmc 12 PowerPack, but I have a problem with using CLI and LAME.exe. I had no troubles using the CLI with 11.5. This is the command line I used: [inFile] [outFile] -V 7 --vbr-new --strictly-enforce-ISO For dmc 12, I read the CLI encoder help file and the

Comment

• Deano
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jan 2006

Why do this with the CLI encoder when you can already do this through the built-in LAME encoder in dBpowerAMP? As far as Spoon has informed me, the DLL uses --vbr-new and strictly enforce is one of the advanced options available.

Other than this, I cannot see anything obvious that would cause issues. Have you tried with double-quotes (") around [infile] and [outfile]... maybe it's the actual paths that is causing the CLI to hiccup?

Comment

• jamesbaud
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Deano
                              Why do this with the CLI encoder when you can already do this through the built-in LAME encoder in dBpowerAMP? As far as Spoon has informed me, the DLL uses --vbr-new and strictly enforce is one of the advanced options available.

Other than this, I cannot see anything obvious that would cause issues. Have you tried with double-quotes (") around [infile] and [outfile]... maybe it's the actual paths that is causing the CLI to hiccup?
                              Like cub4life78 said in the first post of this thread, I want to be able to experiment with different switches in lame that are not supported in the GUI. The command line I gave is just an example. Also, I want to experiment with the 3.98 alpha builds of lame that are obviously not official.

That said, I experimented with the quotes as you suggested, and found the solution. If cub4life78 or anyone else interested in using CLI is reading, here it is:

"[infile]" "[outfile]" -V 7 --vbr-new --strictly-enforce-ISO

Just substitute the part that comes after

"[infile]" "[outfile]"

with your experimental switches.

Thank you, Deano, for your responsiveness.

Comment

Working...

]]>