title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is "Preserve ID Tags" option not in R12 Converter Dialog?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudeBoyz
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2006

Is "Preserve ID Tags" option not in R12 Converter Dialog?

With version 11.5, there are two check boxes that I use all the time that don't appear to be in the Converter dialog:

Preserve ID Tags
    Delete Source File(s) After Conversion

I cannot seem to find those in the Release 12 dialog. Have they been relocated to another screen? Or are those options no longer available?

Thanks
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Re: Is "Preserve ID Tags" option not in R12 Converter Dialog?

R12 preserves tags by default now. I don't think there is a way for it not to transfer tags (and quite why you wouldn't want it to is beyond me).

Delete source files is now classed as a DSP effect, and I believe Spoon will be making this available soon (reading from another thread).

Comment

• DudeBoyz
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Deano
      R12 preserves tags by default now. I don't think there is a way for it not to transfer tags (and quite why you wouldn't want it to is beyond me).

Delete source files is now classed as a DSP effect, and I believe Spoon will be making this available soon (reading from another thread).
      Crud! I usually DE-selected that for audio books because I use a MP3 Join program to pull all the chapters from one CD into a single file.

Delete Source as a DSP effect? So will that function be limited to the Reference version or will it be available in the Standard version as well.

I honestly thought it made perfect sense to leave those two functions right where they were. I don't see how moving them from that dialog makes them in any way more accessible or efficient...

This upgrade is turning into a bad thing. :(

Still, I do appreciate your answer. There's nothing stopping me from just stucking with release 11.5 and forgetting about the R12 release I guess. Still, it is a disappointment. I don't even get DualCore support to speed up my conversions. bummer.
      Last edited by DudeBoyz; 02-04-2007, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

DSP effects are Power Pack and above.

Delete source caused SO many problems over the year, the majority of support people here would prefer it was gone totally. Instead it is a DSP effect.

An ID Tag effect will appear shortly (it will be quite powerfull).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DudeBoyz
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          DSP effects are Power Pack and above.

Delete source caused SO many problems over the year, the majority of support people here would prefer it was gone totally. Instead it is a DSP effect.

An ID Tag effect will appear shortly (it will be quite powerfull).
          So from that initial conversion screen (that I get when I right click on an MP3 and chose Convert To), I will be able to add a DSP effect if I wish that will delete the source files?

Will that become a default configuration or must I manually add that DSP effect to each conversion that I do?

In regards to the Preserve ID Tags option, will that option no longer be included in the Convert To dialog, but will now only exist as a separate process that must be executed in addition to the conversion?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

DSP effects stick (ie are remembered, just add them once).

By default all tags are preserved, there will be an effect to remove all tags whilst converting.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DudeBoyz
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
              DSP effects stick (ie are remembered, just add them once).

By default all tags are preserved, there will be an effect to remove all tags whilst converting.
              Okay. That sounds good. As long as the feature is there and I can do it all in one step like before, I think I will be ok.

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>