title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R12 requests / suggestions

dBpoweramp Guru

R12 requests / suggestions

I would like to be able to tag each song with the following additional tags:
    -Drive Make and Model
    -Drive offset
    -Overread Lead-in/out

Option to place log file in output directory with a checkbox

Backup meta data
    -what is the current behavior if one source is missing SOME of the metadata, is r12 querying the next source for THE MISSING data? If not, it should.

Open Plugin Support!!! for development of end-user addons such as a musicbrainz, par2par file repair, PUID tagging, lyrics downloading, ect...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: R12 requests / suggestions

No one is interested in any of these?

The additional metadata is option and should be very easy to add.

Open Plugin Support might be the most difficult, but hopefully something for R13.

Administrator

We tend not to reply to everyones wishlist, it would only encourage heated debates...

I believe the current behavior for missing meta-data is that it is unchaged from the "untitled" default.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    We tend not to reply to everyones wishlist, it would only encourage heated debates...
    np, I was just hoping for some debate among members.

Also, item 3 was as much a question as a wishlist item. Re-reading it Im not sure if it was clear. When AMG is queried and missing meta-data what is the current behavior of R12? To leave that field blank? It would be nice if R12 continued to query other meta data sources and filled in the blanks.

Administrator

It is not automatic, if there are blanks, hold the left shift key and select retrieve from Freedb, to fill the blanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks, did a large batch of discs today and it came in handy frequently. Would be nice if it was automatic in the next point release.

Also, I dont know if AMG has any mechanism for feedback, but it would be nice to be able to submit any errors found or missing metadata. In addition for some reason I have done quite a few multi-disc sets were one of the discs is found in AMG and one isnt...?

AMG does have a place for corrections: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=78:

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    AMG does have a place for corrections: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=78:
    Some sort of built in right click option would be much more practicle

Also, a small but significant percent of their album art is wrong. Can we have a checkbox in the album art field to use the album art? Here again is were the plugin feature would be very nice.

dBpoweramp Guru

separate option to show (or not show) log after ripping. If everything is secure and accurate, I dont need to see the log, but I still want it saved.

Administrator

It should be R13 or sooner when can submit back to AMG and freedb.

dBpoweramp Guru

multiple passes for first or last track, even if AR is OK. Since AccurateRip drops frames at the start of the first track and end of the last track I would like the cd ripper to do the full multiple pass check on these areas that are not confirmed by accuraterip to be sure the FULL rip is really secure. Even better would be to add to versions of first and last tracks (with and without overread) to be able to confirm the full track.

dBpoweramp Guru

dbpoweramp meta cache. I know there must be one as it is an option for a source to retrieve from. However it doesnt seem to do anything. The meta cache should be updated to whatever the meta-data is when the rip button is pressed. I often have to fix the metadata, and then if the disc is not in AR re-rip in a second drive. I am then re-quired to re-fix the data, instead of just retrieving from the r12 cache.

Administrator

>and then if the disc is not in AR re-rip in a second drive. I am then re-quired to re-fix the data, instead of just retrieving from the r12 cache.

The cache updates on rip for us, perhaps the cache is not working at all, try disconnecting from the internet and restart cd ripper, it should fetch from the cache.

dBpoweramp Guru

Even after disconnecting from the internet its not working. Does it have anything to do with consistenly running 2 instances of dbpoweramp (1 for each drive)? CRCs are also not communicated between instances when moving to the second drive for a re-rip.

Hopefully R13 will have drive taps to run multiple rips on multiple drives all within 1 instance od dbpoweramp running.