title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Did I buy the wrong thing?

Did I buy the wrong thing?

Hmm, I just purchased DBPoweramp on 26th Jan 2007 thinking I would get the latest version. Based on http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...9&page=1&pp=15 I was expecting to get R12, but I have R11.5. I obviously misunderstood. I'm not clear if I can upgrade for free. Any chance someone could sort me out, this is an honest mistake. Many thanks.

Re: Did I buy the wrong thing?

You can upgrade to dMC r12 PowerPack for free. There should be an updated dMC r12 registered install shortly.

For future references, a PowerPack purchase entitles you to all future PowerPack versions for no additional cost.

Thanks for that. That's a relief.

But if the powerpack purchase entitles me to all upgrades for free, what is meant by this:

please note purchasing R12 Reference, entitles to R12 Reference, R13 Reference will incur an upgrade fee

That's an extra feature introduced in addition to regular dMC R12. It's got a seprate chargeg. You need not get that if you dont' want to.

dBpowerAMP Reference is a separate version of dMC. It has more advanced features, such as multi-core support, ultra secure ripping, etc. As the quote says, each version of Reference is for each major version of dMC (r12, r13, etc) not minor versions (no fee from r12 to r12.1, r12.5, etc.). I believe Spoon said the fee from r12 to r13 would be low, but I am not sure of the final verdict.

Oh I see. I couldn't find anything about the reference version on the website at all. Ultra secure ripping sounds good, but if I get secure ripping with version 12 of the powerpack, maybe that's enough.