title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Next BETA Release?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 818_Papi
    • Jan 2007

Next BETA Release?

When will the next BETA release be released? Because my 21-day trial for the Reference version is running down, currently at 18 days. Would uninstalling and reinstalling renew it back to 21 days until a new BETA is released? I'm hoping there'll be one before my trial runs out.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Next BETA Release?

The final release is due out sometime next week. And no, a simple uninstall and reinstall will not give you a new trial.

Comment

• studley
      • Oct 2006

I have 2 days left on the Reference version. It would be nice if didn't lock me out before the product was even released.

David

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You won't be "locked out" of dMC, you will just lose the Reference features. Besides, it should only be a week.

Comment

• Echetus
          • Jan 2007

I'm a registered user of 11.5 - and will instantly update to r12 when it's available. That said, I'd rather not have had the "reference" secure-rip feature peter out before the product went into final release. I've got a stack of CDs to rip, and have had great success with r12's ripper on my PX-230A drive. Either the trial period should have been longer, or it should have been possible to presently purchase a registration for r12-betas and final.

Comment

• studley
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Echetus
            I'm a registered user of 11.5 - and will instantly update to r12 when it's available. That said, I'd rather not have had the "reference" secure-rip feature peter out before the product went into final release. I've got a stack of CDs to rip, and have had great success with r12's ripper on my PX-230A drive. Either the trial period should have been longer, or it should have been possible to presently purchase a registration for r12-betas and final.
            I have to agree. It's not a huge deal (dealbreaker) for me, but I am surprised at the response (or lack thereof) to this legitimate issue. Deadlines fall all the time... but as partners in the beta process, it would have been preferable to make allowances for us to continue using the product then to minimize our concern.

David

Comment

• studley
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtData
              You won't be "locked out" of dMC, you will just lose the Reference features. Besides, it should only be a week.
              Yeah... I'm not being inconvenienced at all... I think you have another bug...

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\01 - Can't Repeat.flac'
              Secure ripping is not supported with unregistered dBpowerAMP, select 'Standard' ripping method.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\02 - Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Seperated).flac'
              Secure ripping is not supported with unregistered dBpowerAMP, select 'Standard' ripping method.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\03 - Self Esteem.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\04 - Gotta Get Away.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\05 - All I Want.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\06 - Gone Away.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\07 - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy).flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\08 - Why Don't You Get a Job¿.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\09 - The Kids Aren't Alright.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\10 - Original Prankster.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\11 - Want You Bad.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 12' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\12 - Defy You.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 13' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\13 - Hit That.flac'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 14' to 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\14 - (Can't Get My) Head Around You.flac'

Comment

• studley
                • Oct 2006

And another.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\01 - Can't Repeat.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\01 - Can't Repeat.mp3'
                mp3 Encoder trial has expired, purchase mp3 License to continue encoding to mp3. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\02 - Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Seperated).flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\02 - Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Seperated).mp3'
                mp3 Encoder trial has expired, purchase mp3 License to continue encoding to mp3. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\03 - Self Esteem.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\03 - Self Esteem.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\04 - Gotta Get Away.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\04 - Gotta Get Away.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\05 - All I Want.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\05 - All I Want.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\06 - Gone Away.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\06 - Gone Away.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\07 - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy).flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\07 - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy).mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\08 - Why Don't You Get a Job¿.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\08 - Why Don't You Get a Job¿.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\09 - The Kids Aren't Alright.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\09 - The Kids Aren't Alright.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\10 - Original Prankster.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\10 - Original Prankster.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\11 - Want You Bad.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\11 - Want You Bad.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\12 - Defy You.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\12 - Defy You.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\13 - Hit That.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\13 - Hit That.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\My Music Rips 2\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\14 - (Can't Get My) Head Around You.flac' to 'F:\Converted FLACs\The Offspring\Greatest Hits\14 - (Can't Get My) Head Around You.mp3'

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Read the errors: your trial expired, so you can neither do a secure-rip or encode to mp3. dBpowerAMP r12 is due out next week, be patient.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2006

Finally a work around for the bug where Beta 4 would crash explorer every time I accessed the idTag properties page! It expired and I have to uninstall. No more crashing. :rolleyes:

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Final release is out:

FINAL R12 RELEASE as of 25th January 2007 ------------------- 25th January Notes: dbpoweramp.com will be updated to r12 in the next few days (codec central etc) NB Note 25th Jan: Final Codec Versions will appear in the next 24 hours. Power Pack purcahses are currently R11.5, this will update to r12 in the next 48
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Echetus
                        • Jan 2007

> Final release is out

...and registration purchased. Thanks!

Bret

Comment

• Echetus
                          • Jan 2007

Will the length splitter tool and ALAC encoder be in the "next 24 hr" batch?

Thanks,

Bret

Comment

• 818_Papi
                            • Jan 2007

I see that the final release is available now. I like using the reference version. After the 21-day trial expires, would I lose MP3 encoding using the LAME codec and/or Fraunhofer IIS codec and the multi cpu/core encoding?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

>Will the length splitter tool and ALAC encoder be in the "next 24 hr" batch?

No, we will be working hard to bring the missing codecs to r12.

>After the 21-day trial expires, would I lose MP3 encoding using the LAME codec and/or Fraunhofer IIS codec and the multi cpu/core encoding?

Yes
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>