title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CoreConverter.exe Crash

CoreConverter.exe Crash

Lately I've been getting a crash of CoreConverter.exe at the end of encoding a file to MP3 I think its when it writes the ID3 tags 'cause the files are playable. I get this error when using the LAME encoder and the Fraunhofer IIS encoder. I understand its still in BETA. Is this just a bug in the BETA and won't be present in the final release. Its annoying to have to click 'Don't Send' every time it crashes I rather just let it be and only interaction would be when I move the songs to their appropriate directories.

BTW, when I click to view the error report a DLL that it mentions is mp3.dll. Is there a way to make this error from occurring ever again?

Below is the error I'm getting.

Last edited by 818_Papi; 01-19-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Re: CoreConverter.exe Crash

Is this the latest beta 4? Did you have any previous beta installed before this one? If so, did you uninstall the old version before you installed the new version?

Version numbers are found in "dBpowerAMP Configuration" located in the Start Menu under Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration.

You might have a corrupt install. Do a total uninstall mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828 and then reinstall the latest beta.

It was the latest beta i installed but im gonna try a total uninstall and see if that fixes it.

Thanks it worked.

I'm having a CoreConverter problem when using the CLI Encoder (it happens with FLAKE and Vorbis AoTuV 5). A few minutes into a batch encode, the dbpoweramp program will freeze and I lose access to my taskbar. The only way to regain control of the PC is via a hard reset. Upon checking the running processes (which I am able to do),I notice about 8 CoreConverter.exe's running, none of which I can manually close. Killing and restoring explorer.exe yields no results and the computer fails to shut down or restart without a hard reset.

Some pertinent specs are Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 with the E6700 Core 2 Duo and an MSI 975X PowerUp Edition motherboard and 1GB of Corsair 8500C5 (downclocked to 667 MHz). Dbpoweramp release 12.

Anyone else experiencing this?

To follow up, this doesn't seem to occur with the official dbpoweramp FLAC encoder (1.1.2).

Perhaps I should've created a new thread...but will let this one ride out a little longer before creating one.

Administrator

I have seen reports of this before, try configuring the cli encoder to write a temporary wave file instead of using stdio.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here are the command lines that yielded the crash:

FLAC (Flake SVN revision 117): -12 [infile] -o [outfile]
    Vorbis [(Lancer 20061110(Based on aotuv-b5_20061024)]: [infile] [outfile] -q -0

[infile] is the equivalent of writing a temp wav file, yes?
    Last edited by vinnie97; 01-29-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Administrator

[infile] does use a temp file, which program was crashing, coreconverter or flake?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

got this error under vista business today too :(

02 - artist - title (rmx).mp3

i want to convert to 128 kb mp3 into the same folder.

[edit]

status is at 100% and than it crashed. other files from the album work fine.

[edit2]

so i miss 3 seconds of the song :(

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\Playliste 2007\add\artist - title (rmx).mp3' to 'F:\Playliste 2007\add\artist - title (rmx).mp3'
    Error: Watchdog timeout, possible CoreConverter crash

and the vista error:

Dateien, die bei der Beschreibung des Problems hilfreich sind:
    C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2CD5. tmp.hdmp

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0407
    Last edited by hanschke; 01-30-2007 at 06:42 AM.

Administrator

Using the latest Release and latest codecs (as listed in the beta thread), you are ripping a cd to mp3?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    [infile] does use a temp file, which program was crashing, coreconverter or flake?
    Yes, CoreConverter seems to run multiple instances that I can't close when converting with either [(Lancer 20061110(Based on aotuv-b5_20061024)] or Flake.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

i use the latest release. i have installed 11.5 registered and update it to 12er.

i take the vbr mp3 and want to make a cbr mp3. dont need the best quality. all other files worked but not this one.

i can send it but it is against the law and so we cannot see if it is my pc or the file that it is not ok :(

Administrator

hanschke

if it is repeatable then please send the file:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

(it is not against the law for me to have the file for testing).

-------
    vinnie97

you have left it for awhile, the compression to a wav file is done at the end (ie it might look like it has locked up, leave it a minte or two).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

yes it is repeatable so i will send u the file