title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Splitter Utility Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhartson
    • Dec 2006

Splitter Utility Codec

The Splitter Utility Codec is going to be a REALLY useful tool for me as it is - thanks. However:

Would it be reasonably possible to provide the ability to automatically split a file with a slight overlap? By that I mean, as an option perhaps, to split a file, say into parts 1, 2 & 3, and have part 1 end a few seconds AFTER the starting point of part 2? Same thing at the next split, a slight overlap so that when you start part 3 you pick up a few seconds of sound from the end of part 2? Ideally, a user might select an option from no overlap, a 2 second overlap, and a 6 second overlap (or something like that). Even without the option of a variable overlap, the option of a set overlap would be very, very good, and I would guess it would be useful to many people that will be using this utility.

My application is the splitting of Audible.com files, primarily unabridged books. A slight overlap would help avoid missing the end of a sentence or losing a word at the point of the split, and a longer overlap may serve to "remind" me where I was in the story, like starting to read a book at the beginning of a paragraph that I was reading when the phone rang and I was interrupted.
Working...

]]>