title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No CD Found

No CD Found

No Cd Writer Found error

My CD burner works fine except in dMC CD Writer. Reinstalled software and get the same response. Worked fine up until today. Why won't dMC see the CD writer?
    Last edited by bsisson; 01-08-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Re: No CD Found

When you say dMC doesn't recognize CD Writer, what do you mean?
    If you are using dMC 12 beta, it is not compatible with CD Writer.
    If you are using dMC r11.5 (or earlier), if you open dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs> dBpowerAMP Music Converter> Configuration> dMC Configuration), does it show CD Writer as being installed? Is your problem with trying to access CD Writer from dMC or does it also occur if you try opening CD Writer on its own?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Hi Bill,
    Actually, using CDWriter with dMC. I can convert music but when I try to burn to CD it says "No CD Writer Found." I have been using this program for 4 years and it has always worked flawlessly. I also use Roxio 6 and I can burn CDs with it. No problem with my burner. I'm using ME and have checked the ASPI files but the burner would not work if they were missing. Something must be missing or corrupted in CDWriter. I'm using dMC-11.

Thanks,

BSisson
    Last edited by bsisson; 01-08-2007 at 11:16 PM.

It's the cd burner it doesn't find.

You have to tell it what drive it is.

After youhave rpepared the contents of the cd and all the files you wanted to put on it apepar on the left, click Burn. You wil have a window which will open and will let you select the cd drive to use.

Hi Christina,

It is when I click Burn that I get the little message window saying "No CD Writer Found" I never get the window that lets me select the drive. As I said, I have used this for a long time and I have never seen this response before.

Thaks

BSIsson

Administrator

Have you installed new software that works with the cd writer, such as Apple iTunes?