title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error when converting MP3 to AAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuccia
    • Dec 2006

Error when converting MP3 to AAC

Hello everybody!!
    Can someone help me with the problem I have in converting mp3 to AAC?
    I have downloaded successfully the right codec but when trying to convert I get this message:The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Converted Music\imissu.m4a' could not be opened.
    Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dbPowerAmp\compression\Nero Digital Audio (AAC)\neroAacEnc.exe'

To convert i try to use the option: NERO DIGITAL AUDIO AAC.
    Which kind of Tag should i use?
    Thanx in advance
    nuccia
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: [Help plz] Error when converting AAC to MP3

Did you download the Nero Digital zip file from Nero's website? The link is in the help file: http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/...tal_Audio.html

Download the file, extract it to the Nero Digital Audio (AAC) folder in the Compression folder in the dMC installation folder. Does it work now?

Comment

• nivas
      • Jan 2007

Re: Error when converting MP3 to AAC

Hi,
      I am having trouble converting mp3 files to AAC. I want to use them on my mobile music player (mine supports aac which is efficient in terms of size and quality as compared to mp3). I have all the necessary codecs installed like Nero Digital Audio. Problem is that dBpowerAMP displays the conversion window and finishes the conversion, but I cannot find the converted file in the selected (assigned) directory. Sometimes it does show me the file (which has a .m4a extension), but the filesize is 0KB.

The original mp3 file bit rate is 128 kbps at 44100 hz. I read the nero encoder documentation, which mentions that the input file should be .wav, so I tried converting a wav file to aac but with no luck (the problem remains).

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

The input file needs to be WAV if you are using the Nero .exe's directly. However, dMC will convert your input file to work with the Nero encoder.

Did you use the "Locate Encoder" button and browse to the .exe? Does dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration) show the Nero Digital Audio codec?

Comment

• nivas
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LtData
          The input file needs to be WAV if you are using the Nero .exe's directly. However, dMC will convert your input file to work with the Nero encoder.

Did you use the "Locate Encoder" button and browse to the .exe? Does dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration) show the Nero Digital Audio codec?
          I have used the "locate Encoder" button and the codecs are located properly.
          Yes, the dMC Configuration contains Nero Digital Audio (AAC) installed under "Installed Encoders" tab.

Still, as mentioned earlier in my post I am getting a 0kb m4a file as output file.

-Nivas

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Re: 0kb file size for mp3 to aac conversion

Try converting to wave as a test.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

What are the specs for your mp3 file? Your output settings of the mp4 file?

Comment

• nivas
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                Try converting to wave as a test.
                I have successfully converted mp3 to wav and it plays back fine. Then I triedto convert this wav file to AAC but with a 0 kb output file again :(

Comment

• nivas
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LtData
                  What are the specs for your mp3 file? Your output settings of the mp4 file?
                  To LtData
                  input file specs: filetype: mp3, compression: 11 to 1 (9%), Bitrate (Kbps): 128, Frequency: 44100,channels:2, level: MPEG1 Layer III

Output settings for Nero Digital Audio:
                  Quality: 0.35 (~100kbps) (Can select other quality setting also, but I am not sure which one is optimim. I have selected the one closest to original mp3 setting).
                  I do not see any settings/specs other than "Quality" here.

The output file generated has .m4a extension and not mp4. I believe m4a is a container for AAC

Comment

• Wayne
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Aug 2002

To complete the conversion to AAC you will need to use the MP4 to AAC codec available on http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm but you may have to rename them to mp4 first. This removes the .mp4 container giving you just the aac file.

Wayne

Comment

• nivas
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Wayne
                      To complete the conversion to AAC you will need to use the MP4 to AAC codec available on http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm but you may have to rename them to mp4 first. This removes the .mp4 container giving you just the aac file.

Wayne
                      I have installed all the necessary codecs like "m4a, mp4 Codec" and "AAC to mp4 & mp4 to AAC". I think I have followed all the necessary steps of installing required codecs and locating the necessary Nero digital audio codecs, etc.

Comment

• nivas
                        • Jan 2007

Hey Guys...

I am expecting a solution to my problem.
                        I hope, I have been able to explain the problem properly along with the specs/settings that lead to it. I am sure someone must have come across this situation and hopefully got a workaround/solution to it, so why not just pass it on...

~nivas

Comment

• LtData
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

Are you running dMC while logged into an account with Administrator rights?

Comment

• nivas
                            • Jan 2007

Well.. I am running it on a standalone machine with full admin rights

Comment

Working...

]]>