title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CUE sheets, and gap detection

Re: CUE sheets, and gap detection

Because all the track files ripped by dBpa were identical to those ripped by EAC. The variable is either in the single wav rip or in the burn itself, which is all in the realm of EAC. I did another test on the files today. They are identical. I'm checking out the burns, though, as well.

Ahh, just what I was looking for. Too bad it's been pushed back, I look forward to this feature as it would put almost all of my audio handling into one program that just so happens to be integrated into the shell of explorer. Very useful. Keep up the good work guys this program is great.

I just want to put my name on the list as someone who wants to see this type of feature added to dbPowerAMP. I have been reevaluating my whole ripping process and what I want to do now is create an archive of each of my CDs using a lossless format such as FLAC or Monkey's Audio.

I then want to be able to convert the archive of all my lossless compressed archives into a lossy format such as MP3 at whatever bitrate or setting I want at that moment. I can achieve this part now I know.

I also want to be able to burn a new CD from the lossless archive and have that CD I burn match the original CD master perfectly or pretty darn close to perfect.

From what I have been reading it seems like the single APE file and cue sheet is the best way to accomplish the second part. Adding support for that in dbPowerAMP would be excellent.

After using dbPowerAMP for several months now, I don't want to go back to EAC. dbPA is just far to convenient to go back to EAC now.

To get a CD that is exactly like the master, you would need CD burning software that is aware of CD drive offsets and compensates for it. However, I am not aware of any software that does this.

As it has been mentioned before, cue sheet support is scheduled for r13.

Quote Originally Posted by fjodor
    Currently this does *not* seem to be possible for all CDs today when using EAC
    Why not? What's the problem with EAC here?

Best wishes,
    Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by fjodor
    I'm just curious if you have got dBpowerAMP to work 100% correctly with EAC:s CUE sheets? I had some problems myself when testing this, see the thread http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12533 .
    Hmm well there should be no problems.
    When I rip my CDs (which I currently do) I first rip them with EAC (once as whole image, then track based via test&copy) and then with dBpoweramp.
    Then I diff the files to see if there are differences.
    None of my CDs had any real differences... so this should answer your question if you can use EACs CUE-Files with dbPoweramps WAV-Files: Yes. There should be no Problems as both result in equal files (at least in all CDs I've ripped until now; about 200).

I said "no real difference",...
    There are two differences I've found until now:
    1) dBpoweramp is not able to extract track one pregaps. So Track 1 might differ between EAC and dbPoweramp.
    2) CDs with datatracks lead to a sector misalignment with EAC but not with dBpoweramp (don't know which one of the two is correct)
    see the thread here:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12883
    and here: http://www.digital-inn.de/exact-audi...atatracks.html

Chris.