title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: File too big

File too big

I converted an audio book to MP3. The book is 5 hours long. Is there an option to choose to continue to the next cd? Right now, it just stops.

Re: File too big

If you mean split the file up, yes. There is a Splitter Utility codec that splits files based on length or silence. Its in Codec Central at the bottom of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    If you mean split the file up, yes. There is a Splitter Utility codec that splits files based on length or silence. Its in Codec Central at the bottom of the page.
    I am unable to split based on "silence", only length shows up as an option. Does the "silence" approach require something hidden or otherwise special?

The silence split seems not to be available there. That's in dMC Auxiliary Input AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Is there a "how-to" for the splitter utility. I've downloaded and installed, but I don't know the first thing about getting it to work.

There might be a help file that was installed, check in the Start Menu Programs folder for dMC under Help --> Codecs

No, there wasn't one installed for the splitter. I've got some other ones in there, but none for the utility splitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Loompa17
    No, there wasn't one installed for the splitter. I've got some other ones in there, but none for the utility splitter.
    It didn't install any help file for me, either.
    This sounds like a useful utility, but the "silence" detection is apparently just vapor-ware at this point.

Any chance of a real silence-splitter utility?

Administrator

Not for a while (ie after Music Converter R12).