title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Fix - For Missing Volume Control

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sammogard
    • Sep 2005

Re: Fix - For Missing Volume Control

so i'm using windows 98 and everything that has been said to try i cannnot do

i cannot get it back i don't have a windows disc so why don't one of you guys just copy the exe on your computer and host it as a more simple solution ?

its drivein me nuts

Comment

• Randall Forsber
      • Nov 2005

My sndvol32.exe is missing and I can't find the original CD that came with the computer (netvista 8310 85U). Is there any other way to reinstall this driver, except reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling XP completely (wiping out all applications and files)?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

See here for missing sndvol32.exe: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...6241#post26241

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sammogard
          so i'm using windows 98 and everything that has been said to try i cannnot do

i cannot get it back i don't have a windows disc so why don't one of you guys just copy the exe on your computer and host it as a more simple solution ?

its drivein me nuts
          So please run by me what exactly you did try.

Comment

• domuhhnic
            • Nov 2005

what if you dont have an windows xp pro disk? the download is not working in that site .
            Last edited by domuhhnic; 11-29-2005, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• MyTaintedYouth
              • Nov 2005

Okay, anybody who's computer just wont do any of these things, just do the easy thing, lol, download this:

Inside that zip file is SNDVOL32.exe.... nothing else, so dont worry.

extract it to your system32 folder or just run it from there, either way it works.

~Peace!~
              ~Matt~

Comment

• kpvvijay
                • Dec 2005

Hi,

I had the same problem : missing volume control icon and getting the same stupid error while trying to place icon on task bar.

I copied sndvol32.exe from a comp that was working fine.

pasted it to my comp : c:\windows\system32

Then I went to sound properties - put a check mark on place the icon on task bar and clicked ok

yipieeeeeeeeeeeeee - it worked

Comment

• dailo
                  • Jan 2006

Hi

I have the same situation, except my volume control is missing, but i can still change volume with my laptop volume buttons. However, i can only play songs in itunes, and windows media player, internet explorer doesnt work, and windows sounds wont play. for example, when you change theme settings, these windows songs wont play

any help appreciated.

cheers

Comment

• tveheim
                    • Feb 2006

I've also experienced problems trying to add the volume icon in my taskbar. When i click on "Sounds and audio devices" in control panel and check for "place volume icon in the taskbar" nothing happens. It does not appear, and I don't get any kind of error message like this one: "Error
                    Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed"
                    . To install it, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.. I also tried to search for the file snd32vol.exe, and i found it here: C:WINDOWSsystem32. So obviously I got the right file. I also re installed my sound card driver, but it did not help. I read somewhere that spyware programs might case this type of problem, so I removed my spyware programs, but it did not help. Any clue of what can be done? anyone? please help!

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

Are you hiding the volume icon? Windows XP has a silly notion of hiding taskbar icons.

Comment

• tveheim
                        • Feb 2006

No, I'm not hiding the volume icon..

Comment

• miwin1000
                          • May 2006

:komisch12 thanks to qwecom for fixing my missing volume control!!!!!! :komisch9: :D :smile2: :p

car accident/powerpole/electricity flickered/messed up my puter! qwecom's offer (#75) fixed it for me!!!!!!!!!! :komisch9:

Comment

• caballoazul
                            • Jul 2006

have XP, tried to get rid of an older window messenger, but now the volume control icon does not show on the tasbar, nor does it work when I go to control panel, it shows that popular window message saying that:

Im missing the volume control settings. Although, I can use the volume buttons on the laptop, and I do have volume.

I've tried to use the windows support suggestions, but when I type cd i386, it says that it cannot find the specified pathway. I have the cd rom with the XP cd inside the CD rom, and also used the regedit way, and volume control does not show, only volume levels and I cannot find to find a solution for this problem.

Can anyone help, Im also computer illiterate, so please bear that in mind when you are suggesting...
                            thanks a lot for your time

Comment

• OmegaX
                              • Aug 2006

Re: Don't forget to check "Windows Audio" service...

Originally posted by qwecom
                              I had a similar problem with sound cards working properly and no sound. I found the solution after several clean installs. The service "Windows Audio" was disabled. The weird thing was that something disabled it even on a clean install.

Just to cover all of your bases, go to the RUN menu and type "services.msc". Scroll down to "Windows Audio" and make sure it's running and/or set to "automatic".

I thought I was familiar with every service, but somehow I'd always overlooked that one. Such a simple thing can cause no end of headaches.

-Andrew

You sir are simply a god. Not only did you find the solution to my problem but it was quite possibly the easiest one at that. I dont know how I and all the others I asked over looked it.

Comment

• dagda
                                • Feb 2007

Hey, I found a quick fix for Windows XP Home edition computers. Go to "Add or remove Programs", then click on "Add / Remove Windows Components". Check only Utilities off, and let it run its check. After you do that, go back into your control panel and click on "Sounds and Audio Devices" and click the box to put it in your tray. Easy Fix for whatever was wrong with me. :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>