title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

This Audio CD does not exist in Freedb's database

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_claryuk
    • Nov 2006

This Audio CD does not exist in Freedb's database

Hi. First time poster so please be gentle with me.

I am getting this message when launching CD Grab, for perfectly respectable oldish CDs which I would be pretty sure are on Freedb. I hadn't used the program for a few months. The message is not apparently telling me that I cannot connect to Freedb, which other forum threads are about. I even uninstalled and downloaded a fresh copy (v11.5) but still the same message.

I've noted that Freedb has changed hands (and is no longer available via ordinary web search). Could this have something to do with it?

When I look at the Freedb server option, the only one visible is the one I presumably have, that is, frredb.freedb.org (Random Freedb server). I am of course connected to the internet when trying!

No doubt I am missing something totally obvious ... but what?

Michael
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: This Audio CD does not exist in Freedb's database

It looks like Freedb is changing hands, but an online search is supposed to be available again soon. If you cannot connect, try freedb2.org as the server. Note that dMC r12, currently in alpha, supports AMG as the default data source for CD files.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

freedb.org is still up, not every cd is in its database.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• michael_claryuk
        • Nov 2006

Thanks to both of you.

When I ran the program again, a different problem - I was getting a message "Insert audio CD" instead. All this was for the internal CD RO drive. A couple of days ago I tried putting the same CD into my external CD RW drive ... and it worked! In each case I was letting Windows put up its menu of "things to do" and selecting Copy from CD using dMc Audio Input, so for the internal drive Windows was detecting an audio CD, but dbPowerAmp was doing - well, what exactly? The same happens using CD Grab.

Traditionally we have used the internaldrive for this purpose, though I suppose reinstalling may have changed the default drive - if indeed there is such a thing as a default drive for dbPoweramp. It's not clear to me whether I need to specify the input drive, and if so how exactly I do it!

Michael

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Click Options.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• michael_claryuk
            • Nov 2006

Nothing like a forum posting to expose my ignorance! That's what comes about from assuming all the options are in the drop down box! Problem solved - thanks.

Michael

Comment

Working...

]]>