title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Volume Control Won't Open Anymore

Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Windows Volume Control Won't Open Anymore

Hey there,
    I'm using Windows xp personal edition.
    had the same problem: my icon was on the taskbar but when double clicked the volume control opened but was invisible.
    I kind of assumed it was opening at x and y values outside of the screen and actually tried upping my screen res to find the stupid thing.
    Anyway that fix for windows 98 in the regedit worked for me.
    I was initially confused but found that the x and y values were in a sub folder from my volume control called advance ac97 audio which was probably my sound card brand or something.
    anyway the x value was like 41562 or something and y was 562 so putting 5 and 5 in sorted it.

thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows Volume Control Won't Open Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hey there,
    I'm using Windows xp personal edition.
    had the same problem: my icon was on the taskbar but when double clicked the volume control opened but was invisible.
    I kind of assumed it was opening at x and y values outside of the screen and actually tried upping my screen res to find the stupid thing.
    Anyway that fix for windows 98 in the regedit worked for me.
    I was initially confused but found that the x and y values were in a sub folder from my volume control called advance ac97 audio which was probably my sound card brand or something.
    anyway the x value was like 41562 or something and y was 562 so putting 5 and 5 in sorted it.

thanks!
    For those still looking for the fix... http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1156

Craze

Unregistered

Hi, I'm using XP and I can't make this solution work. I don't come up with a volume control or x and y coordinates to change......any ideas? Thanks.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Craze
    For those still looking for the fix... http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1156

Craze

Unhappy Re: Windows Volume Control Won't Open Anymore

Im really stuck!!! in the links i found to help me get the volume control back says you need the windows xp cd-rom but my laptop already came with windows XP so there isnt a cd rom!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xlilpenguinzx
    Im really stuck!!! in the links i found to help me get the volume control back says you need the windows xp cd-rom but my laptop already came with windows XP so there isnt a cd rom!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Have you tried all of the suggestions from this other thread on the same subject? http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1156
    There's a lot there. :D Surely one of these can fix it.