title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nero Digital Audio (AAC) Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shyone379
    • Sep 2006

Nero Digital Audio (AAC) Codec

After installing successfully the new Nero Digital Audio (AAC) Codec and converting to it from Wave as Nero suggests, I have found that to burn to a DVD via the Nero program, it does not recognise the file.

Nero is looking for Nero Digital .mp4 or ,aac file extensions and does not accept .m4a

I have tried converting these .m4a files using the Mp4 To AAc codec and reversing again via the AAc To Mp4, and after many partial files being created (t1),, it did produce a file with the mp4 file extension that was accepted.

To make these files more universally usable in DVD's etc, my question is, can the new Nero Digital Audio (AAC) codec be renamed to Nero Digital Audio (MP4) and have it create the file as an .mp4 file extension?

I have tried manually changing a file extension, and it appears to work ok in all fields of DMC and Nero.

I hope this can be done,, as it would make this codec much more versatile.

Cheers
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Nero Digital Audio (AAC) Codec

.m4a and .mp4 are the same files, just a different naming convention. There should be some way to fix the extension in the options.txt file for Nero, but as I am not at a computer with dMC installed, I cannot check this.

Comment

• Shyone379
      • Sep 2006

Good idea,, hope it works, if so that Codec will be Gr8.
      perhaps its possible to have an option as to how the file extension is written mp4 or m4a.. if m4a is better for itunes etc... the mp4 extension may help some of the probs the guys are having with Nero DVD Burning. OR list them as 2 seperate Codecs ( for the puta Dohhhhhh's like me)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The iPod seriously does not like .mp4 extension, whereas Neros programs are not looking for .m4a, go figure...
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shyone379
          • Sep 2006

I can't figure it!!! With Ipod looking for .m4a extension and Nero and DVD players looking for .mp4 extensions... where do we go from here? Manually changing file extensions on thousands of files seems a very daunting prospect?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There is a utility codec in codec central which can change extensions, just use fileselector and set the filter to just .m4a or .mp4
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shyone379
              • Sep 2006

May thanks Spoon, I'll try that

Comment

• Shyone379
                • Sep 2006

Spoon,I tried using that Utility Codec to Rename extension but it appears to be locked at changing the file name to .m4a, it won't accept typing in .mp4

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

You should be able to type any extension you want in to the box.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shyone379
                    • Sep 2006

you can't, with the convert re-name extension screen up, if you select the rename files icon at the top it will show you in the list IGNORE as a file extension on the .m4a files.. it will rename mp4 to m4a, but not the reverse

Comment

• Shyone379
                      • Sep 2006

Comment

• gameplaya15143
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Sep 2005

...\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Nero Digital Audio (AAC)\

Open "options.txt" in a text editor.

Change the second line from ".m4a" to ".mp4"

Likewise you can make copies of both the folder and dll in the compression folder and have one for m4a and another for mp4.
                        ie. Nero Digital Audio (mp4) & Nero Digital Audio (mp4).dll

Anyways, for renaming your m4a files to mp4... It would probably wouldn't be to hard to make a quick .bat file to rename *.m4a to *.mp4 (sorry I can't give you a specific command, I'm not sure how to do wildcards with the windows command prompt).

Doesn't nero allow the 'all files' filter? I think it's funny it doesn't recognize m4a :lustig3:

Comment

• Shyone379
                          • Sep 2006

I tried the opening if the text file yesterdayand editied the second line under(codec ) to .mp4, but that didn't work.

Nero only looks for .mp4 or .acc in its filters not .m4a

the suggestion spoon made using the Utility seems to be the best alround option if it can be made to work....

I'll wait for advice on that to see if the problem with that utility can be rectified.

Comment

• Shyone379
                            • Sep 2006

Ok editting the options txt has worked which means that the Nero Digital Codec (AAC)will now write the file as an .mp4 extension, and Nero recognizes it for Burning to DVD.
                            Many thanks,

Re The Converter Utility "Rename File Extension" can this be fixed to accept the operation of .m4a to .mp4,, if so this will be a great help in the future.

Thanks folks

Comment

• Shyone379
                              • Sep 2006

Any feedback on the repair to Utility "Rename File Extension" ??????

Comment

Working...

]]>