title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

I think this is so cool that maybe somebody else will find it useful:

When I saw these optimized builds of oggenc, I naturally wondered if I could make it work with dMC. I succeeded.

Here's how you can do it:

First download the oggenc binary appropriate for your processor. Then install the Generic CLI plugin and make a new encoder. Here's the part that was tricky for me:

In the Command Line box, paste in what's inside the quotes below:

" -q 6 [InFile]"

Notice that the line begins with a space - it's important! The number indicates a quality setting; 6 should be about 200kbps, 4 about 130, etc.

What really made me happy is that the ID3 tags from the APE files I was converting showed up in the new OGGs! I'm really loving the Generic CLI plugin. It's the only plugin I use, since CLI encoders are released much faster than dMC can make plugins!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast gameplaya15143's Avatar

Re: Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

http://www.geocities.com/gameplaya_1...to/vorbis4dmc/

Use one of the cli dll's from the aotuv plugins, and you won't need a temp file anymore

Re: Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

This is neat, but the encoder.txt doesn't work with dMC12. Is there an updated version available? One thing I don't know how to do in version 12 is to add the box for extra command-line options - a very useful thing to know how to do!