title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert to swf or flv

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShortSchoolBus
    • Jul 2006

Convert to swf or flv

It would be great if dbpoweramp could convert to swf or flv formats!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Convert to swf or flv

First, nearly all swf/flv is video with audio, and dMC doesn't do video. Second, knowing Macromedia/Adobe, this process is probably convoluted and extrememly complicated.

Comment

• ShortSchoolBus
      • Jul 2006

I understand that flash is part video and part audio, but the audio can be extracted from the animation if needed. I really wasn't hoping for a swf/flv to audio converter, but a audio to swf/flv converter. If I understand correctly, swf or flv is just a wrapper for the audio it contains. I did a google search for mp3 to flv conversion and found many other programs that do it, but I like dbpoweramp and don't want to install another music converter. I could use ffmpeg or mencode and php to convert mp3 to flv/swf serverside, but I would like to do it locally with the same ease as I convert anything else with dbpoweramp. I operate a web service which offers embedded flash mp3 players. I would prefer that my users would use flv instead of mp3 for various reasons. In that case, I would want to know of a good converter to recommend to my users as I already do with dbpoweramp for any other types of audio conversion.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Check out Coffecup - they have free or nearly free software for that.

Comment

• ShortSchoolBus
          • Jul 2006

Thanks Christina. :smile2:
          I still think it would be useful for DMC to have at least a one-way conversion from whatever to swf and/or flv (swf for small files, flv for large files).
          I found a free do-it-all converter (SUPER ©) that will do it :( but it sure would be nice if there were a codec available for DMC to do this.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ShortSchoolBus
            Thanks Christina. :smile2:
            I still think it would be useful for DMC to have at least a one-way conversion from whatever to swf and/or flv (swf for small files, flv for large files).
            I found a free do-it-all converter (SUPER ©) that will do it :( but it sure would be nice if there were a codec available for DMC to do this.
            Well flash is not the same kind of file type as the audio file types. There is always a visual or graphic element in them as well, and scripting.

Comment

• ShortSchoolBus
              • Jul 2006

Flash audio is LAME MP3 in a swf/flv wrapper. I think it could be done by converting whatever format to mp3 wrapped in the relevant header, but I'm not the expert. :o

Comment

• pendalf
                • Aug 2006

just a note: check out http://geovid.com for such special software

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ShortSchoolBus
                  Flash audio is LAME MP3 in a swf/flv wrapper. I think it could be done by converting whatever format to mp3 wrapped in the relevant header, but I'm not the expert. :o
                  In that case you need a flash decompiler that will extract the audio file and all others from there.

Otherwise it's dMC Auxiliary Input's job to capture the audio.

Comment

• ShortSchoolBus
                    • Jul 2006

Converting to swf/flv from another format would be more useful than converting from swf/flv to another format. Audio conversion only.
                    There are other programs available which will perform these operations, so I'm pretty sure dmc could be made to do it too.
                    I think it would be a nice addition to dmc. Hopefully someone will seriously consider this as a future addon for dmc. Thanks. :D
                    Last edited by ShortSchoolBus; 08-17-2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>