title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trying to reinstall dmC after crash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jodi-mae
    • Jul 2006

Trying to reinstall dmC after crash

I purchased a license for dbPowerAmp Music Converter on 4-22-06. My hard drive crashed recently and I'm trying to reinstall the program. The program seemed to download but when I try to use it, I get the the following message: MusicConverter.exe-Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point WMCreateSyncReader could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL.

I have my SWreg number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Trying to reinstall dmC after crash

Try (re)installing the WMA system codecs. It is a separate download for the WMA 9 codec and included with the WMA 9.1 codec. Just install the separate download or re-install the dMC WMA 9.1 codec and make sure you say "yes" to the pop-up asking about WMA 9.1/9.5 System codecs.

Comment

• jodi-mae
      • Jul 2006

Tried reinstalling..got a message saying the installation file is corrupted and I should get a new copy.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Empty your browser's cache (in IE, Tools --> Internet Options --> Delete Files then click OK. Then a new copy of the file you tried to install with. Out of my curiosity, what version of WMA are you trying to use?

Comment

• jodi-mae
          • Jul 2006

I had been trying for version 9.1 but was unsuccessful even after emptying my cache. I then tried 9.0, got it downloaded successfully and it seems to working. I did get this message right after 9.0 installed: "procedure entry point WMCreateSyncReader could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL". I haven't seen the message again and things seem to be working ok, just thought you might like to see the message. My most sincere thanks for your time in helping me solve my problem! You guys are sooo smart!!
          Jodi

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You need to also install the wma system codecs for 9.0
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>