title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Various items :)

Various items :)

First of all i'd like to say thanks for the great program. Up until recently all of my audio conversions have been done through batch scripts which can be a bit of a pain. Anyway, this program has removed the need for half of them and made transcoding a hell of a lot easier. However, there is still some functionality that would be nice to have, whether it is something you want to add is a different point altogether.

I mainly transcode to flac format and it would be nice to have the option of adding replaygain information to the created files (either track or album). As this can be done during the encoding process.

The other things I like to do are;
    Remove tags (context menu option to remove tags from selection)
    Rename from tags
    Rename / tag form freedb...? <-- not one i use but possible?
    Tag from filename / filename + directory structure
    Add replaygain information (not as part of the encode process but after the fact)
    Is editing of tags only available in the powerpack?

My wishlist ;
    Ability to edit the common tags of a selection (i.e when selecting an album's worth of files be able to edit artist, year, album etc)

Other things you probably won't be interested in;
    Create an MD5 file of all files encoded.
    Create playlist on encode.
    Grab album front cover from allmusic.com / other source.

If any of these feature are available in the power pack then please ignore but I couldn't find a list of the features that the powerpack adds. Could you point me in the right direction?

Chris

Re: Various items :)

1. Ability to edit the common tags of a selection (i.e when selecting an album's worth of files be able to edit artist, year, album etc)
    2. Rename from tags
    3. Tag from filename / filename + directory structure
    All currently possible.
    1. Just select your files, right-click, select "Edit Tag" and you can change the tags for all of them at once. Of course, you only want to do this for the artist, album, year, genre, etc.
    2 and 3. This can be done using utility codecs in Codec Central at the bottom of the page. Do note that doing this requires an unexpired or registered PowerPack

A somewhat-up to date feature list of the PowerPack is found here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2701
    And yes, the "Edit Tag" right-click option or the tab available after clicking properties is a PowerPack-specific feature.

dMC does not support ReplayGain or album art. I believe at least the first one will be added in dMC r12 eventually.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Is it possible to chain these actions together?
    What I mean is can i start from and album worth of *.wav files go through the convert process once and result in flac files with tags based on the directory structure and replaygain come v12.

Chris

It is possible using the PowerPack's "Execute when finished", though it does require a little more effort. That is, when the first conversion finishes dMC launches another instance of itself to do the new action you want. However, I'm sure the ReplayGain will be able to be applied immediately after you convert your files to your desired format (in this case, FLAC).
    Basically, it can be done, but not in one step. Sorry.