title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Beta: mp4 Codec pack (Release 4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Beta: mp4 Codec pack (Release 4)

It is quite early days for the nero tagging, if offers more 'features' but for standard tagging you are best staying with iTunes tagging which will work in everything, eventually if there are extra nero fields used by dbpoweramp then only these fields will be written (not the standard replicated with nero tags).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bengine
      • Jun 2006

Hiya, @Spoon.

Just wanna report that the Apple Lossless encoder seems quite promising. I converted my collections of lossless format songs (FLAC, Wavpack, and APE) into Apple Lossless, and the converted files can be played in both iTunes and iPod.

But, the playback in iPod is erratic at the moment. If I play the album from song #1, iPod will skip all even number songs, so it'll play #1, #3, #5 and so forth. And if I play the album from song #2, iPod will skip all odd number songs, so it'll play #2, #4, #6 and so forth. :( :(

I never have this problem if I convert the lossless format songs directly using iTunes (by converting those files into WMA Lossless first and let iTunes take care of the rest).

Please help.

Regards,

bengine
      Last edited by bengine; 06-05-2006, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Does anyone else have the above problem, or can test a full album on an ipod?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• CastorTroy
          • Sep 2002

Will there be the 2pass mode for abr ?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Not through our implementation (we stream the data thorugh Stdio and this cannot work with 2 pass). You could install Generic CLI and pass the relevant command line.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bengine
              • Jun 2006

@spoon,

Some additional info. I've just retried to convert another album from FLAC to Apple Lossless using your encoder, well, the problem still exist for iPod playback. :o

For example, I'm playing the album from song #1. Whenever iPod finished playing the song, there was a huge silence. And upon observation, whenever iPod finished playing song #1, it did try to play song #2, but just couldn't get the song within 3-5sec, hence it'll just to song #3 instead.

Maybe the problem has something to do with the song tagging?

Comment

• JeFFJuH
                • Nov 2005

I am having a problem with this plugin. Whenever I want to convert a large Mp3 (say 100 MB for a 74 minute remix) to 128 Kbit ABR M4A, then the dmcout.m4a file remains in my D:\ disk, and the plugin creates an empty m4a file in the directory where I wanted the output file to be.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

This codec shouldnt use dmcout.m4a as it uses stdout with the nero codec, it is the Nero codec you are using?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JeFFJuH
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
                    This codec shouldnt use dmcout.m4a as it uses stdout with the nero codec, it is the Nero codec you are using?
                    I use Nero's CLI codec.

I have installed your beta (as mentioned in the first post of this topic), after that I have extracted all files from the archive that I have downloaded from the Nerodigital.com site, to the Nero Digital Audio directory which the installer created before.

Then I set-up the encoder in dbPowerAMP. Small tracks work fine, but when I convert a large mix (say 80 to 100 MB), the file remains in my D:\dmcout.m4a. I can listen to it, but it doesn't belong there.

Comment

• incident
                      • Jun 2006

There definately seems to be an issue with outputting to larger files using this plugin -

I'm converting from FLAC source with "Preserve ID Tags" disabled and "Delete Source After Conversion" enabled, and what I'm finding is that while smaller files convert just fine, anything which produces an output of more than approximately 7mb won't work..

For example I tried converting a 90mb FLAC file to Nero AAC at the standard quality of 0.5 and it wouldn't go through, leaving behind both the Original FLAC file and the "~dmcout.m4a" file.. When I drop the quality to 0.25 it works exactly as expected, with the resulting M4A having a filesize of 6.5mb and a bitrate of 72kbps.

I've tried this on several combinations of files, and am getting the same result each time..

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

How big was the left ~dmcout.m4a file?
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JeFFJuH
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
                          How big was the left ~dmcout.m4a file?
                          I convert my files @ 128 Kbit ABR, so when I convert a, let's say 80 minute mix, it will be around 77 MB. The file itself is just complete, except the file isn't tagged, it doesn't have the correct filename and it isn't at the correct location.

Comment

• incident
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by JeFFJuH
                            I convert my files @ 128 Kbit ABR, so when I convert a, let's say 80 minute mix, it will be around 77 MB. The file itself is just complete, except the file isn't tagged, it doesn't have the correct filename and it isn't at the correct location.
                            Yep, I also get complete files left behind as ~dmcout.m4a (so variable sizes from 7mb upwards), it's just they're not renamed, and the original source file isn't deleted. I don't use tagging so can't comment on that..

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

If you play the ~dmcout file is there audio missing from the end?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• incident
                                • Jun 2006

Nope, as far as I can tell the ~dmcout files seem to be complete, they're just not getting renamed when the conversion is done. There's no error messages or anything like that, it's just that the files aren't renamed & deleted as expected.

Comment

Working...

]]>