title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Extra Spaces?

Extra Spaces?

I am hoping someone can help me. I know this has to be an easy fix.

I just updated to Registered Reference 12.2 and all associated codecs. I am using the batch convert to take about 1100 FLAC files to LAME MP3.

This is the location:
    My Documents\My Music\New Lame MP3\

This is the naming string:
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] - [year]\[track] - [artist] - [title][] [IF!COMP] [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] - [year] - [album]\[track] - [title][]

The problem I am having is that I am getting this:
    New Lame MP3\ Artist\Artist - Album - Year

I need:
    New Lame MP3\Artist\Artist - Album - Year

Those two spaces before the Artist name on the Artist Folder lever is killing me. I have looked and I can not figure out where the spaces are coming from! The only thing that I have changed is the update and this has been working all along.

Thank you for your help gentlemen.

GypsyM

Administrator

Re: Extra Spaces?

>][] [IF!COMP] [IFVALUE

You have a space between [] and [IF

I bet if you tried taking the spaces out of the naming string it would work. Try this:

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] - [year]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] - [year] - [album]\[track] - [title][]

Dummy!

GypsyM

Thanks Spoon. I actually saw it right after I posted it and just shook my head. I still do not know where they came from. I have been using this converter for weeks and it worked then after the upgrade it had the spaces. I think it was a ghost or something.

It is all fixed up now and working perfectly.

On a side note I have a question. How is it that going from ALAC > FLAC I get speeds above 80x and sometimes 90x. IT really is amazing!

GypsyM

Administrator

Lossless codecs can be fast to decode and encode.