title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Adding support For Multichannel MPEG (CLI)

Cool Adding support For Multichannel MPEG (CLI)

If People are Keen and it is legally possible i wish to add support for the philips beta utility for encoding Multichannel MPEG upto 7.1. but i'm not sure if using philips' pub_enc.exe is legal if it is thats great. i love using dbpoweramp music conveter it handles my 5.1 wave great i wish to be abble to add this functionality. obviously musicin-2.5 or even 2.0 source-code will have to be used and altered to accept extensible wave files or direct audio streams controlled by dmc. if any one is interested i would be greatful as i am NOT a programmer but know how to go about it.

i'm sure you know MPEG multichannel is pretty dead but my home equipment supports it 100% so i with to use it

Administrator

Re: Adding support For Multichannel MPEG (CLI)

We will be adding mp3 surround with R12, it is a little way off but have the code from FhG to do this so will add it.

Re: Adding support For Multichannel MPEG (CLI)

i'm talking about the mpeg multichannel supported in uk based dvd players...

most software roughly supports ac3 to mp2mc

source code for musicin-2.0 and 2.5 is available

there are problems with parsing audio because musicin requires aiff files and it is difficult to convert MICROSOFTWAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE to multichannel AIFF
    with possibly the configuration left, left of centre, centre, right of centre, right, left surround, right surround and LFE with this channel order

i can't get this to work because i don't know if nero creates proper AIFF files ready for musicin i've been successful in 5.1 but 7.1 is tricky.

i talk of command line because it's easy once musicin can take RAW PCM or wave files in the correct channel order all the command line instructions can be turned into a graphical user interface

please support i will be in touch i've successfully compiled musicin2.0 and 2.5 using cygwin.

i want this to happen

i do believe mp2 is superior but in the uk mpeg multichannel is well support but dolby wins hands down due to good market strategy and professional products and popularity.

please help me alter musicin so it can be a encoder xxx to mp2 Multichannel
    and the decoder in the source code is mp2 Multichannel to xxx.

i believe after this is complete many will take advantage but there won't be any further development because the format is dead thanks

anyone help