title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

To see Tag info in Explorer with dMC r12

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baloe
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2003

To see Tag info in Explorer with dMC r12

I never had this problem. I don't know when this problem started. I installed the beta 12 converter ?
    I can't see any tag info as i hold the mouse over a music file. When i find the properties in the explorer then there is has a full tag. I did see the Faq thread but that didn't do it.

Baloe
    Last edited by Baloe; 03-23-2006, 09:52 PM.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Pop up info tips emty/To see Tag info in Explorer

The R12 alpha will only show tag information on mouse over for wave or .mp3 files. This was documented at the beta site and is the principal drawback of the R12 alpha. You can either access tag information through other means (right-click and Edit Tag or right-click, Properties, Tag Information) or uninstall the R12 alpha.

If your problem is with wave or mp3 tags, then the issue would likely lie elsewhere.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• Baloe
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2003

Re: To see Tag info in Explorer

Hi,
      Popup Info Tips is a great dBpowerAMP feature, hold the mouse over any supported audio file and dBpowerAMP's popup information informs about bitrate, ID Tags and compression parameters used.
      Pop up info tips is empty on all file types when i hold the mouse over a file. It will give : no info. This on new and old music files.
      Last edited by Baloe; 03-24-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

The R12 alpha site says this:
        **** Note R12 will replace dBpowerAMPs popups, these rely on R12s new codecs and there are currently only Wave and Mp3 implemented, that means all other audio type popups (such as m4a, FLAC, etc) will be disabled (uninstalling R12 and reinstalling R11.5 will restore) ****
        So you should be able to get Pop-Up tag info when you place the mouse over an audio file ONLY for wave or .mp3 files with the R12 alpha right now. As Spoon says, various codecs will be updated to allow the enabling of Pop-Up tag information for other file formats as he continues development of R12.

Pop-Up tag information SHOULD appear with .wave or .mp3 files with the R12 alpha regardless of whether these are old or new. If you do not see them, check your configuration to see whether Pop-Up Information tips are enabled. FOR THE R12 ALPHA, configuration is found (on my system at any rate) Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Configuration. Please note that this is a different file path than the R11/11.5 (or earlier) dMC Configuration.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• Baloe
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2003

I did restore 11.5, but the problem excised? still. Gives no info when i hold the mouse over a file, it makes no difference what kind of file it is.
          I install, reinstall, reg clean etc etc, but it is still gone and i can't get it back.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Run dMC Configuration and turn it on from there. It must have reverted to off.
            Last edited by ChristinaS; 03-25-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

Did you uninstall the R12 alpha before uninstalling and reinstalling R11.5?
              The R12 Alpha appears a a separate item in Add/Remove Programs.

Bill

Comment

• Baloe
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2003

In dMC Configuration Popup is turned on and then it gives a yellow tag with: no info, this on all files.
                When it is turned off i get the windows tag.
                I removed it with, without, all things included all codecs etc. reg clean.... nothing changes.
                Okee is isn't the end off the world but.... it was nice and it worked sooo fine, i can't stand it that it doesn't work and i have no idea why!

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

You might need to a total uninstall mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Note that it will erase all of your current settings and require you to reinstall everything dBpowerAMP-related.

Comment

• xoas
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2002

You might need to a total uninstall mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828
                    LtData, Spoon:
                    FYI
                    This does not appear to work. I have replicated this problem.
                    Pop-Up Info tips do not reappear under any of the following situations:
                    -Uninstalling R12 alpha2;
                    -Uninstalling the R12 alpha 2 and re-installing R11.5 (note that program did not uninstall previous version of R11.5);
                    -Uninstalling R12 alpha and R11.5, restarting, re-installing R11.5;
                    -Uninstalling R12 alpha and R11.5, clearing the dBpowerAMP registery, restarting and reinstalling R11.5.

In my case I have gone back to the R12 alpha 2 over R11.5 and I again get pop-up tag info for wave and mp3 (which I did not have after uninstalling the R12 alpha despite the steps mentionned above). I was not able to restore pop-up tag information for audio files in any other formats.

Any ideas?

(BTW-I do think this thread might be better placed in the Beta forum since it appears to concern just people using the R12 alpha).

Best wishes,
                    Bill

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

Did you re-run dMC Configuration to re-enable the pop-up after you apparent slew of installing/uninstalling xoas?

Good point. Moved to Beta forum.

Comment

• xoas
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2002

Each time, yes.
                        (Also checked registry entry for pop-ups-this seemed ok also).

Bill

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Those dlls might be used by windows shell, so to be sure, reboot windows, then delete all files from \illustrate\dbpoweramp\

(not your music collection if you have dap)

then install r11.5
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Baloe
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Apr 2003

Re: To see Tag info in Explorer with dMC r12

Hi,

I uninstalled everything, did a reg clean. I get ride off everything in registry and the whole illustrate map file.
                            I installed all of it back(dMC-r11.5-Registered,on configuration it gives version 11)......and it works with the normal and complete popupinfo tips.

Comment

Working...

]]>