title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problem converting FLAC to AAC

Exclamation Re: Problem converting FLAC to AAC

Okay, here's the results of the latest attempts

Uninstall Codecs
    Uninstall program
    Reboot
    Removed directories
    Cleaned up registry
    Reboot
    Installed program (free version)
    Installed Apple Lossless
    M4A (FAAC CLI)
    M4A (iTunes)
    Try to convert .flac file to iTunes using m4a(iTunes) codec
    Program works

Install registered version.
    Program does not work.

Errors as usual:
    1. Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\m4a (iTunes)\iTunesEncode.exe'

I'm at my wit's end...I cannot understand how a program that worked 2mnths ago now doesn't.

Re: Problem converting FLAC to AAC

Try the above steps, except install the registered version from the get-go and don't bother with the free version and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Did you install the top codec from this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm the one that is 452KB? You need it to be able to write tags to your converted files.
    Yep. Those have been installed all along. I think the only one on that page I don't have installed is FAAC. I've got much bigger problems at this point though, and after about 12 hours of searching forums and the net I've seen suggestions about iTunes installing malware to faulty optical drive and/or power supply. I don't think my problem happened when I uninstalled iTunes 6 and installed iTunes 5 though. I've been using iTunes since it was released for Windows and have never had a problem before.

The problem? All of a sudden my optical drive (Pioneer DVR-109 DVDRW) stopped recognizing discs... any discs. I'm actually not sure exactly when it happened because I haven't really used the drive for anything but playing games for the past few weeks. Other suggestions were Sony's rootkit thing (but I've avoided their label since that mess), or any CD/DVD burning software (all were accused, but again I've been using Nero since V.4 days with no problems). Anytime I put in a disc and try to view it's contents in Windows Explorer, it would just tell me to insert a disc. Happens with any kind of disc - DVD Video, audio CD, data CD. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the hardware and it's drivers, uninstalling iTunes and Nero, cleaning the registry... I got it to recognize my WindowsXP install CD once after that, but opening and closing the drive put an end to that. The drive works fine in Ubuntu Linux, so I'm pretty sure it's not the hardware, so after all this time I think I'm going to have to do a clean XP install. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure all this is unrelated to this thread (at least I hope it is!), but I figured I should document it here in case some unfortunate soul runs into the same situation. In the meantime I found a cool app called "Max" for my iBook that transcodes FLAC to M4A keeping all filenames and ID tags intact.

If someone happens to have a solution to my hardware woes, drop me a note and we'll talk off-list.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Try the above steps, except install the registered version from the get-go and don't bother with the free version and see if that works.
    I'm ready to give up on this...

Uninstall Codecs
    Uninstall program
    Reboot
    Removed directories
    Cleaned up registry
    Reboot
    Installed program (registered version)
    Installed Apple Lossless
    dBpowerAMP-codec-flac

Program does not work.

Error as usual:
    1. Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\m4a (iTunes)\iTunesEncode.exe'

2. Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Apple Lossless (iTunes)\iTunesEncode.exe'

Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Apple Lossless (iTunes)\iTunesEncode.exe'

This message occurs as well when I try with an mp3 or wav file.

I'm giving up and trying to find something else. Maybe I'll try installing this after my next format and reinstall. I've lost faith in this product.

Hello

I have been having the same issue with a number of files that checked out okay with the Flac check tool.

I found that in the end the files had large comment fields in the tags. Removing these stopped the problem.

***Perhaps this might help.***

For any problem files, open them with Mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) and rewrite them. This has resolved the issue for me.
    Last edited by biggy_paul; 09-15-2006 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Additional Info