title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how to convert data into audio

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigdawgj18
    • Feb 2006

how to convert data into audio

I recently downloaded music files that ended up being strictly files. Every time i play them i have to select the program. the files are not formatted at all. What can i use to convert them to audio files.
  • dbample
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2002

Re: how to convert data into audio

Originally posted by bigdawgj18
    I recently downloaded music files that ended up being strictly files. Every time i play them i have to select the program. the files are not formatted at all. What can i use to convert them to audio files.
    1. What were the (audio) files supposed to be - mp3? Other? What?

2. Please give an example with one of the files that does not play automatically - what is the file's name? Size in bytes? Other details.

3. Do the files have (three-letter) file extensions in their names? If not, your operating system might not know what to do with them so it presents you with the "choose program" menu (if that's what you are saying happens).

4. Were you able to play at least one of the files eventually, after manually choosing a program?

5. What programs were you using to try to play them?

Comment

• bigdawgj18
      • Feb 2006

The files have mp on the end of the title(example-shinedownmp) and are unrecognized by my computer and they all play with windows media player after choosing the program. The files are around 4,000kb and the file types are labeled as just file. (example- type of file:file)I can convert them with WMP by writing them to a disc (CD). And then copy them from the disc to the hard drive which isnt fun to do and wastes cd-r's.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

They might be mp3 files. Try making a copy of one of these files, moving it somewhere, and typing ".mp3" on the end of it. Does that work? If so, do it to all of your files. If it doesn't, delete the copy, make a new copy, and try another extension such as wma. Either way, tell us how it went.

Comment

• bigdawgj18
          • Feb 2006

I renamed them at the end with .mp3 and my computer turned them right into recognizable audio. I can't believe it was that simple. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>