title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can it use Multiple CPUs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byutifl Music
    • Jul 2014

Can it use Multiple CPUs?

Is there a setting to get the ripper to use multiple cpus?
    It rips a single track while cueing another. That's it?

I have Quad Core HT [8].

......or is this on purpose for quality control (I'm currently ripping to flac).
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can it use Multiple CPUs?

The CD drive is 100x slower than encoding to FLAC, that is why it will not use all the cores.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Byutifl Music
      • Jul 2014

Yeah, I figured it was a drive technology issue.:blush:
      Thanks for your help!

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Byutifl Music
        Yeah, I figured it was a drive technology issue.:blush:
        Thanks for your help!
        Hmm....seems odd. I've used it on several quad-core machines, with different optical drives, of course, and I usually get lots of tracks encoding simultaneously. Are you using a registered version of dBp?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
          Hmm....seems odd. I've used it on several quad-core machines, with different optical drives, of course, and I usually get lots of tracks encoding simultaneously. Are you using a registered version of dBp?
          On multicore machines I have many tracks encoding simultaneously if I'm simply converting (e.g., from FLAC to mp3 or even FLaC to FLAC). So with 8 cores, I'd have 8 files encoding simultaneously. But when *ripping* a CD I've never had it use any more than two cores (one track ripping and one track finalizing encoding).

Comment

• Byutifl Music
            • Jul 2014

First off, the title of the post should refer to "multi-cores" not cpus. Apparently there is a time limit on ability to edit, unlike some other forums (but everyone seems to understand me anyway ).

My experiences have been identical to "garym's". Yes, BrodyBoy, I've been using paid since dBpa 14 (currently using 15).

Comment

Working...

]]>