title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Forum question? How to recover "autosaved" part of post

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schmidj
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2013

Forum question? How to recover "autosaved" part of post

OJ Fumblefingered me accidentally closed the browser while typing a reply. Reopened and everything I typed is gone... But forum window says "autosaved" in yellow every minute or two... Where is it "autosaved"? How do I or can I recover what I typed when I reopen the browser?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Forum question? How to recover "autosaved" part of post

It would autorecover if it could. If not, it is gone forever.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oggy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by schmidj
      OJ Fumblefingered me accidentally closed the browser while typing a reply. Reopened and everything I typed is gone... But forum window says "autosaved" in yellow every minute or two... Where is it "autosaved"? How do I or can I recover what I typed when I reopen the browser?
      This has also happened to me on a few occasions, would it be possible to have a manual "save" icon added?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I have a manual method if writing a big post:

CTRL+A
        CTRL+C

just before posting.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jailhouse
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2016

Compose your message in a text editor, then copy and paste to the forum.

Comment

• schmidj
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2013

I usually write in text editor, I got lazy... I got burnt, accidentally closed browser in middle of composing post instead of another window.

Comment

• schmidj
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2013

So I have now answered my own question and recovered my "lost" post after almost 24 hours.

For those in similar straits, this forum software comes from vBulletin, searching their forum gave several links to similar queries. Every one ended up as "never mind, I found it..." So when you accidentally close a thread, reply, or whatever, even the browser, or the computer crashes, go back to where you were, open up a blank reply, thread or whatever you were in. In the bottom left hand side of the gray margin there is a box: "recover auto-saved content". Click on it, and voila, even after a day, it's back.

The trap for me is that unless I scroll up, the bottom grey margin is off the bottom of my screen, so I never saw the message, and never saw where to click. Now I know. And anyone else who reads this post will also.

Now it only autosaves once a minute, so if you type faster than me, you might lose quite a bit, but at least you'll get most back. And watch out, if you open a new reply where you were before, type in it without recovering the autosave, and it autosaves the new typing, it will overwrite the old autosave with the new one...

Comment

Working...

]]>