title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Remove gaps between tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericzander
    • Oct 2011

Remove gaps between tracks

I have bought some albums with FLAC-files - operas - where there is not supposed to be any gaps between the tracks but nevertheless are (Qobuz has compensated me for this). However, I wonder if it's any possibility to remove these gaps?
    I am using Assett and Linn Akurate.

Eric
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Remove gaps between tracks

If you install dBpoweramp music converter and convert >> FLAC to FLAC with the DSP effect 'Remove Silence'

Convert to a different folder so that the originals are not overwritten.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ericzander
      • Oct 2011

Thank you very much! I'll try this immediately.

Comment

• ericzander
        • Oct 2011

Unfortunately, I could only find the DSB effect 'Audio CD - Remove Gaps' and it doesn't affect the files as far as I can hear. I have the latest version of Music converter I think 14.4 (Version Windows 7 (9.6)??

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Sorry the effect you need is called Trim Silence, try with the default silence value (as the gap between tracks is never true zero silence).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ericzander
            • Oct 2011

I finally realised that it was not gaps between the tracks but that they had cut the end of the tracks too abruptly with the effect of a little pause or what it could be called between tracks. Nothing to do then:cry: Thanks anyway for your always so quick and competent replies and Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...

]]>