title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Compatibility question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Happypedal
    • Mar 2014

Asset Compatibility question

Hi All,
    Im new to Asset and DBpower amp software.

Does anyone us Asset with a Iomega IX-200, does it will work with a Iomega storcenter ix2-200, i currently use the software that it was bundled this NAS and i am looking to update to Asset?

Will it work ? If not does anyone have any suggestions for uPnp software for this NAS.

Many thanks for your time

H.P
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset Compatibility question

Asset will not run on this nas, however you can buy a Raspberry Pi (tiny computer for around $40), install Asset onto that then point to your Iomega network share.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Happypedal
      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Asset will not run on this nas, however you can buy a Raspberry Pi (tiny computer for around $40), install Asset onto that then point to your Iomega network share.
      Hi Spoon,
      Thanks for your answer, im new to this, so how does the Raspberry Pi connect to the nas, via a hardware to router (which is also connected to the NAS) ?
      So i guess you are adding a small PC to control your nas ? i take it the Pi never sleeps, as you need it to be able to control the NAS ?

H.p

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Happypedal
        Hi Spoon,
        Thanks for your answer, im new to this, so how does the Raspberry Pi connect to the nas, via a hardware to router (which is also connected to the NAS) ?
        So i guess you are adding a small PC to control your nas ? i take it the Pi never sleeps, as you need it to be able to control the NAS ?

H.p
        yes, PI (always on) connects to router with ethernet and NAS connects to router with ethernet.

Comment

• Happypedal
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by garym
          yes, PI (always on) connects to router with ethernet and NAS connects to router with ethernet.
          Hi Gary,
          Thanks for your reply.

I've had a look around flea bay at some Pi's, there are loads of types available , any recommendations to which one to get, any links welcome.
          Then i take it, i install Asset and then connect to router, is it ok that my nas has over 2000 cd's ripped to it (i currently use iTunes, but i hate this with a passion!)
          Many thanks for your time all.

H.p

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You want one with Raspbian OS, the Asset on the Pi would connect to a network share on the iomega.

See:

Asset UPnP is now available on the Raspberry pi, this cheap $25 computer is ideal to run a lightweight UPnP server that is totally silent, pair with a USB flash disk <now released>
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Happypedal
              Hi Gary,
              Thanks for your reply.

I've had a look around flea bay at some Pi's, there are loads of types available , any recommendations to which one to get, any links welcome.
              Then i take it, i install Asset and then connect to router, is it ok that my nas has over 2000 cd's ripped to it (i currently use iTunes, but i hate this with a passion!)
              Many thanks for your time all.

H.p
              no clue as I don't use Pi or Asset. I use a squeezebox ecosystem and LMS as the database software and a vortexbox (linux) system as a 24/7 music server. But spoon provides some info for you above.

Comment

Working...

]]>