title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error while installing PerfectTUNES to Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LarryJ
    • Mar 2019

Error while installing PerfectTUNES to Windows 10

I get the following error messing when attempting to install registered PerfectTUNES to Windows 10 Home 64:
    'Error whilst running 'C:\Users\Larry...\AppData\Local\temp\98FF.tmp-PerfectTUNES-Registered-64bit__SPI_Win64.exe'

Norton Antivirus and firewall are turned off. Can you help? Thanks! --Larry

Sidenote: I had difficulty uninstalling PerfectTUNES 2.1-- the PerfectTUNES listing uninstall listing in Windows 10 Apps and Features could not find SpoonUninstall.exe in C:\Windows\System32. However, search was able to find SpoonUninstall.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. I copied it to C:\Windows\System32, and was able to uninstall via Windows Apps and Features. Go figure.... --LJ
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error while installing PerfectTUNES to Windows 10

Try starting Windows in safe mode and install then.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LarryJ
      • Mar 2019

Sigh! Whilst installing in safe mode, got the same error message, though with a different "\***.tmp" reference. More thoughts? Thanks. --Larry

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Whilst this message is showing, browse to the location in the message, copy the shown .tmp.exe file to the desktop and run it from there.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LarryJ
          • Mar 2019

YIPPEE!! It worked! PerfectTUNES is now once again installed on my main desktop computer. THANKS!! --Larry

Comment

Working...

]]>