title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't create some Browse Tree Field Items

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rudi.H
    • Sep 2012

Can't create some Browse Tree Field Items

It seems to be not possible to create Browse Tree Field entries "Period", "Chorus", "Soloists", "Instruments" and "Detail"
    These entries are in default Browse Tree but I can't enter them manually in new fieds because they are not in the dropdown list.

Is there a bug or do I somthing wrong?
    (Asset UPnp R5 for Raspberry Pi)
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Can't create some Browse Tree Field Items

Looks like an oversight on my side, not every legitimate value is on the list of values to choose from, and my minimalist HTML does not allow direct editing.

You can work around this by directly editing the browse tree data on your device-
    Log in using SSH and edit a file named AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt in ~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v3 folder, eg.
    nano ~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v3/AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt

Comment

• Rudi.H
      • Sep 2012

Many thanks for the workaround, I will try it soon.

Please are so kind and answer following questions:
      - Will You add the missing values in a future version?
      - What does the value "Contains" stand for?
      - Is there a list with all possible browse tree values available?

Comment

• JoesyMcWales
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by PeterP
        Looks like an oversight on my side, not every legitimate value is on the list of values to choose from, and my minimalist HTML does not allow direct editing.

You can work around this by directly editing the browse tree data on your device-
        Log in using SSH and edit a file named AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt in ~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v3 folder, eg.
        nano ~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v3/AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt
        is there any way to create a "Album by OriginalDate" field ? (original date is date when the Album was released for the 1st time to the public)

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JoesyMcWales
          is there any way to create a "Album by OriginalDate" field ? (original date is date when the Album was released for the 1st time to the public)
          No need, as Album by Release is already available.

Comment

• JoesyMcWales
            • Mar 2016

I use "Release" for the year when a certain media was released. The same Album may exist in LP, CD, TR24, SACD.

I need a Original Date field to sort the Albums according to the date when they were made public for the first time in history

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

I use "Release" for the year when a certain media was released. The same Album may exist in LP, CD, TR24, SACD.

I need a Original Date field to sort the Albums according to the date when they were made public for the first time in history
              Currently, Asset UPnP only uses the Year tag for date sorts.

So, I populate Year with the original album release date and I have a Release Date tag that is populated with the CD/LP/SACD/Blu-ray release date, to circumvent the problem of only sorting on Year.

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

What do you have in the Year tag, Release or Original Date?

Comment

• JoesyMcWales
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by mville
                  What do you have in the Year tag, Release or Original Date?
                  I have "Release" in the Year tag.

I populate Year with the particular MEDIA (CD/LP/SACD/Blu-ray) release date and I have a OriginalDate tag that is populated with the original album release date (ex. Led Zeppelin II OriginalDate = 1969)

I would like to sort according either by Release either by OriginalDate. Sorting by Release is built in, so no problem.

I managed to sort by OriginalDate:

Artist{_a_to_z_}{_no_track_list_}
                  Artist\OriginalDate{_no_track_list_}
                  Artist\OriginalDate\Album

but for each Artist I get a folder for each date and in each folder I have all the Albums with the same OriginalDate... which is not the same of:

Artist{_a_to_z_}{_no_track_list_}
                  Artist\Album by Release

Because in the last case I get all the Albums with the Year in front of the Title and sorted according to the Year
                  Last edited by JoesyMcWales; 01-17-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

I would like to sort according either by Release either by OriginalDate. Sorting by Release is built in, so no problem.
                    As I said earlier, Asset UPnP only uses the Year tag for date sorts as in Album by Release. So, currently you can't have both, it is one or the other and it is up to you what you populate the Year tag with.

Comment

Working...

]]>