title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Lifetime Licence

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwidave
    • Aug 2010

Lifetime Licence

Hi, I am brand new to this forum and just love dBpoweramp,it really is the best.
    However,just one concern is stopping me from buying is that you have to pay avery time there is an update.I'm not sure if that is, say 13.5 to 13.6 or 13.0 to 14.0.
    Or how much is the upgrade, i did ask via e-mail but the reply was very very short!
    Is it possible for a lifetime licence like Easy CD-DA Extractor provide (2nd best)?
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but i am new to this forum.
    If the upgrade is from 13.0 to 14.0,how much is the upgrade price?
    Last edited by kiwidave; 08-05-2010, 11:44 PM. Reason: upgrade price
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Lifetime Licence

>13.5 to 13.6

This would not be charged, any R13.x is included. There would be an upgrade fee to R14 (which is out in 4 weeks, then the next major version would be perhaps 1 to 1.5 years later), the cost of upgrade from R13 to R14 has not been finalized.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Looking at it, 2 and a half years have passed between R13 and the final R14 release.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
        Looking at it, 2 and a half years have passed between R13 and the final R14 release.
        some of use are very aware, and a bit disappointed more didn't change with R14... Sorry spoon, I know Im a bother, but Im also a big supporter of the software and saw a quantum leap from 11 - 12, big steps from 12 - 13, and incremental changes from 13 - 14. Typically you don't add any new features in point releases, so that means not much hope for anything significant until R15 and given the trajectory of physical media, the development of the program, change in your development focus, and increasing time between ripper releases...

Maybe wait a couple of months and polish up R14 with some slick new features. I/We have waited this long. I would prefer to wait a bit longer for some new features.

Comment

• kiwidave
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          >13.5 to 13.6

This would not be charged, any R13.x is included. There would be an upgrade fee to R14 (which is out in 4 weeks, then the next major version would be perhaps 1 to 1.5 years later), the cost of upgrade from R13 to R14 has not been finalized.
          Cheers Spoon, will wait for R14 and buy then.:smile2:

Comment

• stoneditch
            • Aug 2010

Support for Acronova Nimbie

removed
            Last edited by stoneditch; 08-10-2010, 10:11 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

• caymanred
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by EliC
              ...a quantum leap from 11 - 12, big steps from 12 - 13, and incremental changes from 13 - 14....
              A significant movement of V14 is "PerfectMeta". see link below

Unlimited PerfectMeta: :komisch9:
              We have heard that people love the idea behind PerfectMeta in CD Ripper: using multiple top-rate-commercial providers to cross-check and remove spelling mistakes / missing discs. What they did not love was the yearly renewal for metadata access, we listened and R14 has a perpetual access - no renewals!

Comment

• EliC
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Originally posted by caymanred
                A significant movement of V14 is "PerfectMeta". see link below

Unlimited PerfectMeta: :komisch9:
                We have heard that people love the idea behind PerfectMeta in CD Ripper: using multiple top-rate-commercial providers to cross-check and remove spelling mistakes / missing discs. What they did not love was the yearly renewal for metadata access, we listened and R14 has a perpetual access - no renewals!

Thats not a significant advancement in coding change, just a policy change. Probably appropriate for a full upgrade, but it says nothing about the features and abilities of the ripper.

Comment

• Teknojnky
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2006

have to agree with eli, the perfect metadata change while nice, is not a significant technological change.

AR2 support might be considered such a thing, but was not much else was different/improved from r13 that I noticed.

Comment

Working...

]]>