title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain DSP crashes when ripping very short track with R15/R15.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johu
    • May 2014

ReplayGain DSP crashes when ripping very short track with R15/R15.1

Hi,

after re-ripping over 600 CDs of my collection without any problems, I now encountered my first problem.

When ripping the 16th track "Weg" (6 seconds long) from the record "Die 4. Dimension - Remastered" by "Die Fantastischen Vier", R15 would not crash but only generate a 8kb flac file which was not playable or anything.

I now updated to R15.1 because of the described fixes for short mp3 tracks. Unfortunately, it doesnt help.
    Ripping goes by really fast, then it takes some time for "CPU1 Encoding at 69%" (or 92%, ...), then I am getting a generic "dBPoweramp stopped working" message from windows. The GUI isnt closed afterwards but shows the rip information screen with no errors.
    But there is still only the non-working 8kb file generated.
    I tried using WAVE instead of FLAC, but still the same problems.

Now I tried disabling/removing my DSPs and found finally found out that ReplayGain is responsible for the error.
    Somehow it doesnt seem to like 6 seconds of silence and crashes, leaving a corrupt file behind.

Originally I wanted to ask for help, but while writing this post, I found out how to help myself . But I think a fix for this ReplayGain behaviour would be nice, as otherwise you could be left with corrupt tracks without even knowing it.
    Last edited by johu; 05-17-2014, 07:12 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ReplayGain DSP crashes when ripping very short track with R15/R15.1

Fixed In R11 of DSP effects:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>