title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Naming Conventions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charles Tomaras
    • May 2019

CD Naming Conventions

I've been a DB Poweramp CD ripper user for a great many years and have never had issues. I just built a new computer and did a reinstall and I cannot for the life of me figure out the proper naming string to get new CD rips into my library in the format I did so before.

My preferred folder structure is by Artist Folder then within that folder I have album folders for that artist and inside of that folder of course the songs. I NEVER had a problem with this before but now no matter what I do I cannot figure it out. I end up with no artist folder, just the songs with artist and song title. I still have my old boot drive from my old computer available to me, not to boot from but it is searchable if anyone could direct me to the settings string that would contain that in my old installation if that would be an easy way to replicate what I was doing before.

Thanks for any ideas on how to achieve what should be simple but has got my stumped or with a way to find the old settings on the old hard drive. I've attached three image captures showing my preferred file structure for the artist Miles Davis as an example of what I'm trying to replicate.Click image for larger version

Name:	cap 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	297373Click image for larger version

Name:	cap 2.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	297374Click image for larger version

Name:	cap 3.JPG
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	297375
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Naming Conventions

Post the naming string you have right now please.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

This does more than you asked, but will also automatically do what you want. Paste this in to your dynamic naming string.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

Comment

• Charles Tomaras
        • May 2019

This is my current string....
        /[artist]/[album]/[title]

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You would need:

[artist]\[album]\[title]
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• siriussurfer
            • Feb 2009

Hi there!
            I need some help with the naming scheme, that worked rather properly - until now, when I ripped the Footloose Soundtrack.
            I didn't use the compilation check box, because I wanted it to be stored in a different folder. No problem with other soundtracks.
            Couldn't find the mistake.

Here's the "funny" result of the naming scheme path:

.../IFEQUALS]artist,The y Loggins,y Loggins, TheKenny Loggins/[1984] Footloose (Soundtrack)/ ...tracks...

The Meta Data: Artist: <Various Artists>, Album: Footloose (Soundtrack), Album Artist: Empty, Compilation Box unchecked
            The Path set: /Volumes/Music/Lossless/Soundtracks

My naming scheme:
            [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists/[genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][][],[UPPER][genre][][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][],IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][][][]/[[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)[]/[IFMULTI]Disk_[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]/[][IFCOMP][track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IF!EQUALS]album artist,[artist],[track] - [artist] - [title][][IFEQUALS]album artist,[artist],[track] - [title][][]
            Where's the mistake?
            I found a missing "[" - but, if added the result looks even worse:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists/Soundtrack[][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[],[][],[UPPER]Soundtrack[][][][IF!COMP]/[1984] Footloose (Soundtrack)/ ...

Every hint is very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
            Cheers
            Derek

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It means you are missing a [] somewhere, try splitting the long naming section on single lines for each element, so you would do:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists/[genre][]

as:

[IFCOMP]
              [IFVALUE]album artist,
              [IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists/[genre][]
              []
              []

Then you can see what is missing, once corrected put the string back to one big.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• siriussurfer
                • Feb 2009

Thanks.
                I splitted up and found the missing brackets (marked [COLOR=*ff0000]red[/COLOR])

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The[DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][][],[UPPER][genre][][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][],[COLOR=*ff0000][[/COLOR]IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][COLOR=*ff0000][][/COLOR][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][][][]/[[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)[]/[IFMULTI]Disk_[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]/[][IFCOMP][track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IF!EQUALS]album artist,[artist],[track] - [artist] - [title][][IFEQUALS]album artist,[artist],[track] - [title][][]

Regards
                Derek
                Last edited by siriussurfer; 06-02-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>