title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to improving ripping speed by allowing some kinds of errors?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenneth_chiu
    • Jun 2014

How to improving ripping speed by allowing some kinds of errors?

I've noticed that if I use Secure mode, it rips very slowly when it gets to a bad spot.

Sometimes, however, I rip audiobooks where I don't care whether or not there is some interpolation or errors, as long as I can still understand what is being said. However, if a track is completely missing, etc., then I want to have the chance to clean or even repair the CD. I don't want to use Secure mode because it's too slow.

How should I configure things to get this behavior?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to improving ripping speed by allowing some kinds of errors?

It is the CD drive which self slows down, not the program controlling the drive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RNSchuh
      • Jun 2014

I have a similar problem on Re-rip but it tells me that the speed is x16. E.G. A track containing a 9 minute segment takes 8+ hours. Another 6 minute track is in progress - 6 hours 47 minutes elapsed so far and 11,000 frames remaining. Note, the original rips were very fast. Unlike others posting about speed problems, encoding is fast. All HDDs are local. HW is AMD Phenom 2 x4 64-bit.

I am a newbie to dBpoweramp so yuo may need to give me instructions if you need more info about it.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try disabling c2 pointers if they are enabled.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>