title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

tagging disappears

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bretstar
    • Aug 2021

tagging disappears

Hello,
    I regularly have problems with lesser known CDs whose metadata appears but disappears after a short moment. This morning it happened to me with the CD of the Leon Phal Quintet: Dust to Stars. So I have to enter everything manually. These are CDs that were not found in AccurateRip. I have a paid subscription to GD3 and I can get the metadata via EAC ripper. Furthermore, I often find the metadata on the Discogs website too. Why does the metadata disappear at dBpoweramp and what can I do about it? (Sorry, but I couldn't find a simmular question on this forum, but maybe there is.)
    Last edited by bretstar; 08-05-2021, 07:48 AM. Reason: extra information
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: tagging disappears

Which version of dBpoweramp? uncheck CD-Text as a provider, older versions of dbpoweramp had an issue where this could overwrite the metadata.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bretstar
      • Aug 2021

Thanks for your reply.
      The release is 16.6. I have updated to 17.3 and will check later if the issue is resolved. I would still like to know what you mean by: 'uncheck CD-Text as a profider'? Through which menu can I do this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If using the latest R17 you do not need to do this.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bretstar
          • Aug 2021

Hello,
          I think the problem is resolved. An experiment with a problem cd ended well, the metadata didn't disappear. Besides, now I know what you did mean by unchecking CD-Text. It was in the Menu> active providers> CD-Text. It is still checked. I could uncheck it. What's the best option?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bretstar
            Hello,
            I think the problem is resolved. An experiment with a problem cd ended well, the metadata didn't disappear. Besides, now I know what you did mean by unchecking CD-Text. It was in the Menu> active providers> CD-Text. It is still checked. I could uncheck it. What's the best option?
            With 17.x leave it checked. It was an issue only with an older version.

Comment

Working...

]]>